Need To Know how to!!!! RENO NV

Good Day folks, I am attempting to fix my 1994 Chevy Truck 2 Wheel Drive - 350 motor - 4l60E Transmission . I want to switch out the TPI System for a carburetor and Regular Intake setup , What Fuel Issues will I run in to as well as Electrical as far as Distributor? Another Question regarding my truck; my truck had a 4.3 V6 Vortec Motor , I put a 1990 5.7 350 V8  Motor in my truck , If i put new Intake and Carburetor in my truck -plus change Fuel Setup ,  CAN I still Run Same ECM computer from my Vortec V6 Motor in my Truck  

Answers are appreciated Thanks  The Outside World  

The Soss 

Edited by The Soss
Updated information for my posting to better understand my question

It's a easy swap. You will have a check engine light on due to the idle speed sensor and throttle position not being hooked up. Possible reduced power and fuel milage as you are installing an inferior fuel system to the fuel injection.

You can use the same fuel pump as it's lower pressure, just add a fuel pressure regulator to match the carb you are running. The factory installed fuel filter is more than enough for a carb, so secondary filter would not be needed.

You will no longer need the fuel return line so make sure to cap it off or us it as a vent tube (keep it elevated).

The distributor will still work as long as it is receiving input from the ECM on when to ? and so on and the transmission will also be fine.

You can hook up the vacuum to the carb and allow the EGR and and Atmospheric pressure/ manifold air pressure sensor to work fine. This will keep the distributor advance and retard working close to how it should.

The old TBI will have some wires needing tucked away. You could tape them all up into the harness on the passengers side. This will help in the future when someone want to go back to fuel injection.

You could also drop in an HEI distributor if you wanted, but it would not be any better than the one you have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...