Trailer Rear Camera and Trailer TPMS

• 4 months later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, hogcard said:

New member here so take it easy on me.  New owner of 2020 GMC Denali 2500. Bought off lot.  I've been reading through the various threads on here regarding adding the rear trailer camera as well as the TPMS and I am still somewhat confused.  Well I'm not really confused if I want to spend $400 on a camera from "shopchevyparts" or spend about $300 for 4 TPMS.

For the camera, I currently have a Furrion wireless camera installed on my fifth wheel with separate monitor.  Works great, but hey, I want to utilize the system that came with my truck.  Assume there is no way to utilize the furrion camera, so a few questions.

Is there a wired camera out there other than spending $400 on the GM camera that will work?

How hard is it to run the wires from the back of a 5th wheel to plug in?

Can you view the rear only or does it only serve to view the "invisible trailer"?  The invisible option is cool I guess, but I mainly want to use it to view the rear of the trailer when changing lanes. 

For the TPMS, I currently have the EezTire system that uses a monitor and wireless modules that simply screw on the end of your valve stems.  I assume I can't use these to sync up to the trailer app on my truck?

So if I am going to buy 4 new TPMS for my trailer, I did see a link to Ebay ones you guys have bought for cheap but the link is no good any more.  I really don't want to pay GM $300 for 4 of them.  Do you have a link to ones that will work?  

Will any tire place install them for you?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the replies.

I ordered and had installed the same TPMS sensors that we have on the truck into the stems of our trailer tires.  They read out under the trailer setting giving you the tire pressure and temp.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/373846448395?hash=item570afc190b:g:p1EAAOSwC29hzroz

As far as the sensors not fitting, all you need to do it’s change the rubber seals to ones that fit the larger holes. Sorry I don’t know the number to tell you but that’s all I did. Bought a set of metal stems with the correct size gasket and swapped them out. Any tire shop should have them on hand.