Installed Foot Well Floorboard lights

Not finding much how to make the lights work with the interior lights. I looked up the schematics and got it all to work.  Looks ALOT better now. If you want to do it its easy.  The hot wire hook up on the bcm is on the first connector(white one) which is connector X1 and pin 23.  When you pull the connector off you will see a grey wire in the very bottom corner. The wire you want is the grey wire two over from the corner grey wire which is pin 23. I ran the hot wire from the bcm up to the drivers side light and tied in another hot to run to the drivers side. I also ran the ground over to the pass side and tied into the pass light and ran the ground right to the firewall. You will see a ground wire already there. For the pass light I cut some of the bottom cover back right where the  push pin is in the middle.  My lights I used has magnets so I just stuck it to the metal plate right under the cover I cut back.  I will attach some pics. 

20191227_213202 (Medium).jpg

20191228_000025 (Medium).jpg

20191228_000031 (Medium).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for this info- I’ve been unable to find this info anywhere!  So...do these footwell lights go on and off with interior, or do they stay on when dash is lit?  And I think I understand...the + wire connects to the gray wire to the gray wire only.....?

many thanks....

On 12/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, Edwin Monnat said:

Thanks for this info- I’ve been unable to find this info anywhere!  So...do these footwell lights go on and off with interior, or do they stay on when dash is lit?  And I think I understand...the + wire connects to the gray wire to the gray wire only.....?

many thanks....

Yes it is hooked into the dome light control wire on the bcm so it operates with the interior lights and fades out when they do.  Yes only the positive wire hooks to the bcm grey wire (x1 pin 23)  and the grounds are ran over to the ground post at the pass feet. 

On 12/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, Mudcon said:

Not finding much how to make the lights work with the interior lights. I looked up the schematics and got it all to work.  Looks ALOT better now. If you want to do it its easy.  The hot wire hook up on the bcm is on the first connector(white one) which is connector X1 and pin 23.  When you pull the connector off you will see a grey wire in the very bottom corner. The wire you want is the grey wire two over from the corner grey wire which is pin 23. I ran the hot wire from the bcm up to the drivers side light and tied in another hot to run to the drivers side. I also ran the ground over to the pass side and tied into the pass light and ran the ground right to the firewall. You will see a ground wire already there. For the pass light I cut some of the bottom cover back right where the  push pin is in the middle.  My lights I used has magnets so I just stuck it to the metal plate right under the cover I cut back.  I will attach some pics. 

20191227_213202 (Medium).jpg

20191228_000025 (Medium).jpg

20191228_000031 (Medium).jpg

Can I get a link to this kit? 

58 minutes ago, Darth Potatoes said:

Which kit did you buy from here, if you don't mind me asking.

I bought a 12 light kit for my rzr and had 2 left over. They sell them by the singles also.  They are all the same light in all the kits. I just got white but they do have RBG now too. 

1 hour ago, Mudcon said:

I bought a 12 light kit for my rzr and had 2 left over. They sell them by the singles also.  They are all the same light in all the kits. I just got white but they do have RBG now too. 

Awesome thank you! Your setup looks really great.

2 hours ago, Mudcon said:

I have the below kit installed, but I can't find how to make it go on and dim off with the dome lights.  It has an "aux" wire from the control unit, but wasn't sure where to tap the gray wire.  The wire you are talking about, is it on passenger or drive side?  When you say "tap" into it, are you referring to cutting and splicing the aux into it or something else?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OU5LOT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, JAshworth03 said:

I have the below kit installed, but I can't find how to make it go on and dim off with the dome lights.  It has an "aux" wire from the control unit, but wasn't sure where to tap the gray wire.  The wire you are talking about, is it on passenger or drive side?  When you say "tap" into it, are you referring to cutting and splicing the aux into it or something else?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OU5LOT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is on the drivers side at the bcm,  If you look under the  drivers side under the dash you will see the bcm, it will have 7 plugs all in a row and they are all different colors.  The very first one is white towards you or the drivers seat. It has a release tab at the top and just pull it down. When you unplug it pull it down towards the floor where you can get to it better. You will need to peel some of the black felt tape back so you can get to the wires better.  On the other end from the release tab you will see a grey wire in the very corner. Go over to your right to the next grey wire and that is it.  That is pin 23.  Those are the only 2 greys in the connector.  So dont tap into the very corner wire and your good.  lol   I peeled the black felt back and used a T tap to tap into the wire.  This will make it fade in and out with the interior lights if your rbg controller will let it.  T taps need to be the red ones.  And ground to where ever. I ran mine over to the pass side floor.  There is a ground post right there. 

ttap.jpeg

Edited by Mudcon
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mudcon said:

It is on the drivers side at the bcm,  If you look under the  drivers side under the dash you will see the bcm, it will have 7 plugs all in a row and they are all different colors.  The very first one is white towards you or the drivers seat. It has a release tab at the top and just pull it down. When you unplug it pull it down towards the floor where you can get to it better. You will need to peel some of the black felt tape back so you can get to the wires better.  On the other end from the release tab you will see a grey wire in the very corner. Go over to your right to the next grey wire and that is it.  That is pin 23.  Those are the only 2 greys in the connector.  So dont tap into the very corner wire and your good.  lol   I peeled the black felt back and used a T tap to tap into the wire.  This will make it fade in and out with the interior lights if your rbg controller will let it.  T taps need to be the red ones.  And ground to where ever. I ran mine over to the pass side floor.  There is a ground post right there. 

ttap.jpeg

This is exactly the information I needed.  Does the gray wire that you are T-Tapping into provide power as well?  Right now I'm getting power from the passenger fuse box via a spade and an empty fuse.  Its a constant power so I have to use the remote to turn it off when I don't want it.

Assuming that the gray wire is providing power, do the footwell lights power on when you turn the dome light on manually (like door closed and you want to turn the dome light on to be able to see)?

4 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

This is exactly the information I needed.  Does the gray wire that you are T-Tapping into provide power as well?  Right now I'm getting power from the passenger fuse box via a spade and an empty fuse.  Its a constant power so I have to use the remote to turn it off when I don't want it.

Assuming that the gray wire is providing power, do the footwell lights power on when you turn the dome light on manually (like door closed and you want to turn the dome light on to be able to see)?

Just do it....LOL  yes the grey wire I said provides the 12v needed and works with everything for dome lights.  When you mash the button above they also come on. When you open the door they come on and fade out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mudcon said:

Just do it....LOL  yes the grey wire I said provides the 12v needed and works with everything for dome lights.  When you mash the button above they also come on. When you open the door they come on and fade out.

Thanks!!!

i popped under there today and saw exactly where you are talking about.  I’ve got non stop rain and a not big enough garage, so I’m going to knock it out Sunday.  I’ll let you know how it goes!!