Installed Foot Well Floorboard lights

I would like to do this as well, but I just want the footwell lights on when the headlights are on.  I just need a small amount of light in the floorboard.  Is there somewhere I can connect these lights so they are one when the headlights are on?

Thanks!

On 12/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, Mudcon said:

Not finding much how to make the lights work with the interior lights. I looked up the schematics and got it all to work.  Looks ALOT better now. If you want to do it its easy.  The hot wire hook up on the bcm is on the first connector(white one) which is connector X1 and pin 23.  When you pull the connector off you will see a grey wire in the very bottom corner. The wire you want is the grey wire two over from the corner grey wire which is pin 23. I ran the hot wire from the bcm up to the drivers side light and tied in another hot to run to the drivers side. I also ran the ground over to the pass side and tied into the pass light and ran the ground right to the firewall. You will see a ground wire already there. For the pass light I cut some of the bottom cover back right where the  push pin is in the middle.  My lights I used has magnets so I just stuck it to the metal plate right under the cover I cut back.  I will attach some pics. 

20191227_213202 (Medium).jpg

20191228_000025 (Medium).jpg

20191228_000031 (Medium).jpg

Hey I have a question because I’m a little confused. I have the op7 aura pro kit. Here’s the link http://www.opt-7.com/aura-led-interior-lighting-kit/

it has a fuse tap on one side and two wires for the auxiliary. I’m trying to wire it so it turns on with the dome lights and turns off when I leave the vehicle. As well I would like it on when my headlights are on as well. If I put the fuse tap on a fuse that uses rap and wire the auxiliary wires to the dome lights will I get what I’m looking for. If not any ideas on how to get this to work. Thanks in advanced. 

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back to the top.

Thank you so much for all the information.
Yesterday I tapped 23 and installed footwell lights and they work brilliantly. Once the weather cools off a bit (90's yesterday), I'll get them installed for the back seat.

• 9 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 10:41 AM, DaleM said:

Bringing this back to the top.

Thank you so much for all the information.
Yesterday I tapped 23 and installed footwell lights and they work brilliantly. Once the weather cools off a bit (90's yesterday), I'll get them installed for the back seat.

Did you have to tap into 23 twice?  One for each side?

On 12/31/2019 at 10:00 AM, Mudcon said:

Yes it is hooked into the dome light control wire on the bcm so it operates with the interior lights and fades out when they do.  Yes only the positive wire hooks to the bcm grey wire (x1 pin 23)  and the grounds are ran over to the ground post at the pass feet. 

Could you possibly post a pic of where you grounded?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...