Cognito Leveling kit and Major front end vibrations!!!!

I got my truck a few months ago and put a Cognito Leveling kit on that included the UCAs, Keys, Pit and Idler arm supports, Front Shock spacers and Fox 2.0 on all 4 corners. Been fighting it for several months to get it right, but there has been a HORIBLE front end vibration ever since it was put on. I was very confused by this and thought it was wheel tire issue so had dealer look into it since this is almost the same setup I had on my 2015 Silverado 3500 SRW truck that drove and handled like a sports car. To make a long story short I kept dropping the keys a bit at a time to try to get the vibrations to settle out since a mechanic friend said its probably the CV angle causing the vibrations. As I have been dropping it was getting better but still not right. I finally got fed up and pulled the Cognito keys out today and put the factory keys back in but cranked up. The front is about 1/4" lower than the rear but I am still getting a very bad vibration. I have been reading on here on other posts about people using what sounds like the same Cognito kit, all Cognito told me was keep turning the keys down till it goes away. Well at that point if it brings it back to the factory level what's the point of the kit? I would like to go back up with it to level if at all possible but need to make sure I can get my ride and handling back. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciate.

I also just went on to the Cognito website and noticed there is another set of UCAs that they offer. Those look more like the ones I had on my last truck. anyone know what the differences are between them?

2019 3500.jpg

2019 3500 cognito pic1.jpg

2019 3500 cognito pic2.jpg

Did the Cognito kit come with diff drop spacers? If not, I would add these. It will lower the diff a little which will decrease your CV angle...

Pic is one of my rear spacers...

diff drop rear.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI if there is interest...

CCM sells just the diff drop spacers too. They will fit 2011-present 2500/3500 trucks. Works with all brands of leveling or lift kits. It comes with (4) spacers, (4) longer bolts, and washers.

$45.00. There are quite a few good reviews where adding these spacers eliminated the vibration.

www.ccmoffroad.com

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 2:56 AM, MikeLee661 said:

Does the diff drop matter that much? I am kinda worried now I'm going to one lol.

It helps the angle that the front axles come out of the differential, the rubber boots aren't  bunch up on the top and bottom with the little fins touching. The axle itself is more parallel to the ground, as you are dropping the diff down slightly to get that angle back to stock.

• Like 2