Very slow clicking noise at idle

I have a 2016 silverado 5.3. I've had the truck since new. I have put about 80,000 miles on it and I have always heard a very slow clicking noise while idling. It clicks about one time every 3 seconds. Doesnt matter id the engine is hot or cold, its the same. Its mainly heard at a drive thru or when standing outside of the truck. Its not a fast clicking like injectors or vac pump. If I rev it just higher than idle the sound goes away.  Has anyone else heard this sound or know whats causing it? I assume its normal because I haven't had any issues but Id like to know the source or at least and or confirm its a normal operating noise. 

I have what sounds like the same thing, didn't start until recently though. 2014 with 110,000 kms. Mine sounds like middle of driver side near the top but I can't pinpoint it with the stethoscope. Again it isn't constant like one click per rpm, more random & might do a couple of ticks at a time or just one every few seconds.

2014, 5.3, 4x4, work truck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just bought a used 2021 5.3L and mine makes that tick or click sound about every second. It doesn’t matter if it’s warmed up of cold. It does it all the time. And even if I rev the engine, it doesn’t seem to change. Has anyone figured this out yet? I about to take it to the dealership since it’s still under warranty. 

• 1 year later...