Stabili/Traction Fault after Battery Change

BloodRedSilverado

Question

This is definitely new to me and beyond anything I've experienced. 2010 Colorado 3.7 2wd. I experienced several mornings with battery drained even after charging so I install a new battery this morning. Immediately after starting I received a Service Stab Traction Fault. Since then i performed a reset twice as well as drove 20-30 miles. I cannot get this fault to reset. I also hooked up my brothers code reader and 0 codes came up. I've searched most of the day on something I've missed on the "relearn". The most odd thing is having no code on something of this nature. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Just now, silveradosid said:

had this on a 2010 silverado, also no codes. you have to have a code reader that reads all the modules. go to every module and select clear codes . this fixed the silverado

Any idea what brand i would need? This is currently what's being used and its pretty high tech. 

https://www.bluedriver.com/

Did the new battery solve the drain?and with that scanner,are you checking all codes?©(u)(p)(b)?
Yep battery was under warranty and no run downs since then. I know on that particular reader all codes were checked. I don't mind buying a hand-held non-bluetooth/phone code reader if it will indeed clear this fault. Just curious why the one we used isn't picking up anything. It's seems to be a very good device.

1 minute ago, riverbanks said:

Does that scanner,ask for system,global?g.m.?other possibility is,go to, https://tis2web.service.gm.com,see if there are any updates

Don't think so. This is a code reader that was bought online and not sure it's compatible with the link you sent since it's not oem.Although it does specifically say it clears all codes. bluedriver is the name of the reader.

Well I finally was able to get a code.

C0252... Many things it can be, but at least I have something.... I don't believe it could be the module but not sure. I guess I will have to do process of elimination which could be costly. Any advice on which to start with? I haveve 0 ABS lights or issues, only a stab/trac light.

The stabilitrac/traction light is not really a fault with either of those features, the light is supposed to mean the system has disabled those two things because something else has failed, and that part impacts the  stabilitrac/traction systems.  Don't know why GM has it that way, its almost like the developers at GM thought they had the system too easy to diagnose so they tossed this one in so the technician has to earn his money.  Its a shame that the idiots that program in meaningless error messages don't have to come fix them.  Its no better with computer software.

1 minute ago, Doug_Scott said:

The stabilitrac/traction light is not really a fault with either of those features, the light is supposed to mean the system has disabled those two things because something else has failed, and that part impacts the  stabilitrac/traction systems.  Don't know why GM has it that way, its almost like the developers at GM thought they had the system too easy to diagnose so they tossed this one in so the technician has to earn his money.  Its a shame that the idiots that program in meaningless error messages don't have to come fix them.  Its no better with computer software.

I just assumed it is a fault because on the DIC it specifys fault. Somehow during the battery change it either lost calibration in the system or fried something... Question is what exactly.