Random Question

Has anyone done or thought of replacing the front bumper/grill on a Z71 with a black coloured one as well as the wheels. Ideally the lift would mimic the Trail Boss. I am just kinda curious as to how that would look on our generation of trucks?

3 hours ago, BlueSilvyZ71 said:

Has anyone done or thought of replacing the front bumper/grill on a Z71 with a black coloured one as well as the wheels. Ideally the lift would mimic the Trail Boss. I am just kinda curious as to how that would look on our generation of trucks?

Are you asking if anyone has blacked out or “Murdered out” their truck? I would imagine a couple thousand since I see them daily on here, other forums and all over social media. It’s probably one of the more common overall looks in my opinion.

3 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

Are you asking if anyone has blacked out or “Murdered out” their truck? I would imagine a couple thousand since I see them daily on here, other forums and all over social media. It’s probably one of the more common overall looks in my opinion.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume @BlueSilvyZ71 was talking about his/non-black colored trucks. I agree with you though, the murdered out look is way overdone, that said I still love it and my truck is working toward being blacked out :)

Blue, you can always photoshop it but I can't say I've seen any. Color matched seemed to be the thing with our gen trucks, outside the obvious chrome. I can't say that I'm a fan of the black bumper but you do you.

I've got a Deep Ocean Blue Metallic z71 and that's been my goal since I first saw it on the lot..

Here's a RED one that swapped out for a 2019 grill (at least I THINK that's a legacy 2019 grill)

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by rbrjr1

47 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

I've got a Deep Ocean Blue Metallic z71 and that's been my goal since I first saw it on the lot..

Here's a RED one that swapped out for a 2019 grill (at least I THINK that's a legacy 2019 grill)

s-l1600.jpg

No, no, no, looks like a character from the Pixar Cars movies...... 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume @BlueSilvyZ71 was talking about his/non-black colored trucks. I agree with you though, the murdered out look is way overdone, that said I still love it and my truck is working toward being blacked out :)

Blue, you can always photoshop it but I can't say I've seen any. Color matched seemed to be the thing with our gen trucks, outside the obvious chrome. I can't say that I'm a fan of the black bumper but you do you.

You know what my friend you’re absolutely right I was looking at this on my phone and through his small avatar picture I thought his truck was black but now rereading his name makes much more sense! Lol And as to there being a lot of blacked out trucks, there are, but it’s really slick look so by all means make yours is black as they come!

42 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

No, no, no, looks like a character from the Pixar Cars movies...... 

I wouldn't do it on the RED..  but hey.. you've got an opinion.. congratulations..

color and chrome looks great for those "over 60".. I'm not interested in chrome at all and I'd take it out of the headlight trim if I could..

Edited by rbrjr1

6 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

I wouldn't do it on the RED..  but hey.. you've got an opinion.. congratulations..

You are correct, and when you ask a question about people's thoughts (opinions), you get a variety of answers.

Some you will like, some you won't, part of being in a forum.

Edited by JimCost2014

22 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

You are correct, and when you ask a question about people's thoughts (opinions), you get a variety of answers.

Some you will like, some you won't, part of being in a forum.

Your opinion wasn't requested.  Whether you thought about doing it, and whether you've seen it done to vehicles specifically like his, were the question OP asked..

Nobody said.. Hey, DO YOU LIKE THIS?

OP is trying to develop his OWN opinion on the matter, not requesting YOUR opinion.

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I think this is a clean, fresh look!  I like it!   However, the look is very GMC'ish,   imo.

I agree.. it DOES have a GMC look to it (probably due to the deletion of color/chrome horizontals breaking up the grill area).

I was just trying to give OP some visuals that were similar to his request

he could always black out the gunmetal piece across the middle.

Edited by rbrjr1

40 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

OP is trying to develop his OWN opinion on the matter

Sorry, did not see the post about you controlling this thread.

My deepest apologies. If you like, you can reply with your caps button on, feels kind of like you are yelling at me from across the country.

• Like 1