No power with ignition switch HELP!! (turn signal switch removed)

Hey all I’m in the process of replacing the multifunction/turn signal switch in my 2002 suburban. The dash is currently torn a part and the switch is removed and unplugged. 

I tried to start it today to move it and there is ZERO power when I insert and install the key. No radio, no dash lights or beeping. The security light remains flashing. Is this because of the switch being removed or is it something else?

HELP! 

Edited by zane richard
Title change

I would be a little patient since you only posted recently. 

I would say that since the entire dash is apart could it be possible that switched or wires that function the ignition are not powered.

Edited by Ralph Ciardullo

seems Dumb but check the basics of electrical power flow first like battery voltage to make sure it’s not dead the terminal connections and especially were the negative side connects to ground and the positive to the fuse block or wherever it goes to on yours. And check fuses to make sure nothing shorted while you were working on it. These may seems dumb but idk how many times I’ve spent hours trying to fix one of these things that I overlooked.