Please educate me on T/Boss level kit ?

For you guys doing a 1-2 level kit on your trail bosses/AT4.  Would it be safe/reliable on all the components in the long run ?  What I mean is on my past GM trucks i know 2-2.25 is most you want to go on a level kit before stressing the suspension . With the Boss already being lifted 2 inches , is another 1-2 inches reliable in the long run ? And what makes this different then say doing a 2-2.25 level kit on say a LTZ ? where 2.5 inches is most you want to go ? thanks again 

Watch this video from Ready Lift - the stock upper control arms geometry are stretched, so I would not level without a new upper control arm to correct geometry.

Lot of leveling kits that are just spacer which may result in issues down the road.  You can buy Ready lift SST leveling kit for AT4 or Trail Boss via Tire Rack - they have the best pricing I found anywhere and they offer Free shipping.  Cheapest good alternative - otherwise need to buy BDS for Baja Kits upper control arms, which are nicer, but also $400 more expensive.  

Just got Ready Life parts Friday - will go on next week when I have more time.  Will post up photos then. 

Video LInk:  

Edited by Supercup
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Supercup said:

Watch this video from Ready Lift - the stock upper control arms geometry are stretched, so I would not level without a new upper control arm to correct geometry.

Lot of leveling kits that are just spacer which may result in issues down the road.  You can buy Ready lift SST leveling kit for AT4 or Trail Boss via Tire Rack - they have the best pricing I found anywhere and they offer Free shipping.  Cheapest good alternative - otherwise need to buy BDS for Baja Kits upper control arms, which are nicer, but also $400 more expensive.  

Just got Ready Life parts Friday - will go on next week when I have more time.  Will post up photos then. 

Thank you very much! so figure parts labor/alignment about 1000-1200? 

Edited by f8l vnm

20 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Thank you very much! so figure parts labor/alignment about 1000-1200? 

Should take 2-3 hours labor to install - Parts from Tire Rack were $550 delivered to San Juan Capistrano CA (including tax, free shipping).  So figure $850-$900 parts and labor 

I have SVC Offroad in Irvine installing - they are Raptor and offroad shop that did my work on 2014 Raptor I have - great shop.  They quoted me 3 hours of labor to install - but if it takes less they will just charge the time it takes.  We plan to install front lift first - see how level it is, before installing 3" block in back (replacing stock 2" ones) - if back is lower, then will add block - but if level without black we will leave as is.  No rear blocks would save save half hour + in labor for sure. 

Will go in 2/7/20 - will post up photos after that. 

Below is details from tire Rack web site under suspension - 69-3920 is correct part number from Ready lift for 2019+ Trail Boss or AT4

Tire Rack Link:  https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Sierra+1500+4WD&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=Crew+Cab+w%2F+LT265%2F70-17&make=ReadyLIFT&model=SST+Lift+Kit&group=SST+Lift+Kit&cat=Lift%2FLevel+Kits

• FRONT AND REAR
  • Ride Height: Lift
  • Manufacturer Part #: 69-3920
  • Note: Avg. lift 2.0"F & 1.0"R.
    FITS AT4 AND TRAIL BOSS MODELS ONLY. Heavy-duty new upper control arms with proper heavy-duty ball joints, cup angles and maintenance-free pivots.uminum includes CNC machinedpre-load aircraft-grade billet Aluminum top mount and spring pre-loadp spacers, OE style cast iron 3" tall rear blocks and rear bump stop extension cups. ReadyLIFT Tire Fitment Notes: AT4 - Max tire 305/55-20, 20x9 0 offset wheel. Trail Boss - Max tire 295/65-20, 20x9 0 offset wheel
  •  

•  
    $510.00

• Availability: In Stock
  • Can be delivered Mon, 02/03 to 92675.
  • Free Shipping
Add to Cart
Edited by Supercup
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Supercup said:

Should take 2-3 hours labor to install - Parts from Tire Rack were $550 delivered to San Juan Capistrano CA (including tax, free shipping).  So figure $850-$900 parts and labor 

I have SVC Offroad in Irvine installing - they are Raptor and offroad shop that did my work on 2014 Raptor I have - great shop.  They quoted me 3 hours of labor to install - but if it takes less they will just charge the time it takes.  We plan to install front lift first - see how level it is, before installing 3" block in back (replacing stock 2" ones) - if back is lower, then will add block - but if level without black we will leave as is.  No rear blocks would save save half hour + in labor for sure. 

Will go in 2/7/20 - will post up photos after that. 

Below is details from tire Rack web site under suspension - 69-3920 is correct part number from Ready lift for 2019+ Trail Boss or AT4

Tire Rack Link:  https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Sierra+1500+4WD&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=Crew+Cab+w%2F+LT265%2F70-17&make=ReadyLIFT&model=SST+Lift+Kit&group=SST+Lift+Kit&cat=Lift%2FLevel+Kits

• FRONT AND REAR
  • Ride Height: Lift
  • Manufacturer Part #: 69-3920
  • Note: Avg. lift 2.0"F & 1.0"R.
    FITS AT4 AND TRAIL BOSS MODELS ONLY. Heavy-duty new upper control arms with proper heavy-duty ball joints, cup angles and maintenance-free pivots.uminum includes CNC machinedpre-load aircraft-grade billet Aluminum top mount and spring pre-loadp spacers, OE style cast iron 3" tall rear blocks and rear bump stop extension cups. ReadyLIFT Tire Fitment Notes: AT4 - Max tire 305/55-20, 20x9 0 offset wheel. Trail Boss - Max tire 295/65-20, 20x9 0 offset wheel
  •  

•  
    $510.00

• Availability: In Stock
  • Can be delivered Mon, 02/03 to 92675.
  • Free Shipping
Add to Cart

Thanks for the info. Are you looking to still have some rake or are you looking for the complete level look ? 

8 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Thanks for the info. Are you looking to still have some rake or are you looking for the complete level look ? 

I am looking for the level look, but don't mind a little rake for aero/gas mileage purposes.  We will see what it looks like after front stuff goes on, then go from there. 

15 hours ago, Supercup said:

I am looking for the level look, but don't mind a little rake for aero/gas mileage purposes.  We will see what it looks like after front stuff goes on, then go from there. 

Please post pics!