Difference between 2018 versus 2019 on MPG, is it worth trading to the newer body style?

Lighter trucks and smaller gas tanks,

I’m thinking NO WAY! My 18 6.2 gets better gas mileage than the 2019 and I’m lifted with 33” tires, LMAO!

https://youtu.be/3SaWmmojSCY

Sent from Above

• Like 1

I agree, the new MY and the DFM system aren't all they're cracked up to be. Many owners are reporting worse economy than the K2 trucks. Granted it is a slightly larger truck now but it did shed some fat. IMO the EPA has to back off these guys now, I think we are at the peak in terms of power, size and economy. You can only squeeze so many mpg's out of a 5500lb truck. There is a sweet spot in there somewhere for maximum economy and we cant keep putting in smaller engines and lighter materials, as we have proven you need a certain amount of torque to move these efficiently. It is unrealistic for EPA to demand constant improvements year after year while keeping vehicles powerful enough to do the job they were purchased for, as well as affordable for the consumer.  

• Like 2