electrical issues

George Mills

Question

Afternoon, I have a 1993 GMC Sierra 4.3 V6 K1500 4X4.

This is my problems:

Just put a new alternator and battery in along with a new ignition switch tumbler with keys, multiswitch for turn signals and new distributor cap with rotor plus new wires. oh and also a new fuel pump.

Problem is lack of torch, cold starts great but once warmed up doesn't want to start or even turn until it is cold again, and now my speed odometer has electrical spikes going through it while i'm driving, and just today i found out that i don't have auxiliary in the ignition any longer.

Can someone please tell me what is going on with this truck.

I did check voltage on alternator (12.72) battery 12.42 .

Battery cables are in excellent shape and still issues with either ground wire somewhere and won't restart once warmed up.

Is there something I'm not checking or over seeing? Please someone that knows about this particular truck can guide me in the right direction.

Edited by George Mills
forgotten all information

1 answer to this question

Why were those components replaced to begin with? Was there an issue prior to the replacement?

From where I'm sitting, it sounds like a loose battery cable connection at the battery ... but if the issue started before the parts were replaced, that changes things. I would still start there, however, and check all grounds for corrosion, especially if you're near the coast, or travel north in winter often.