Tailgate

Mine froze up at freezing temp and all the rocking wouldn't release the gate. Definitely wasn't the tonneau cover because trhe OEM one does not rest upon the top of the gate but seals it from behind. Released as soon as the weather warmed up.

In response to one poster's suggestion I put a light film of grease on the locking bolts....and never a repeat lockup below freezing.

mine is finicky with my tonneau cover evern after i messed with it. I've chalked this up to a gimmicky feature that is pretty neat when it works, but not all that reliable. At the end of the day it doesn't change my opinion too much of the truck, just of GM when they remove basic features to add fluff that doesn't really work.

I have a 2015 key type that will not unlock.  Have had to take inside cover off and clean up.  Pretty crude set up for lever apparatus.  I don't usually lock it because of the chance of it not unlocking.  I have a topper on but it has no effect.  The problem is internal just behind the key area panel.  Gotta plan ahead and test if it unlocks before planning a trip ?

Mine was pathetic at the start and never opened during anything below freezing. I flushed the mechanisms out with penetrating oil and it is much better. It always releases, but sometimes only drops half way under its own weight (like today at -5F) and needs a little encouragement to go the rest of the way down. I think the factory grease got  a little  sticky in the cold weather. I'll put something a little heavier back on in the spring