Anyone with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W20 experience?

7f1482a380dbe0769c39442fa6741f2b.jpg

I’ve heard lots of people complaining of some sort of sludge found in the bottom of the gallon jugs. It’s rated better than Mobil1 Annual Protection but what’s your experience with this motor oil?

Sent from Above

• Like 1

Could you post a report so we get a feel for the physicals? PLEASE [emoji4] 

I’ve seen a bunch of customers freaking out on YouTube about what’s been found at the bottom of the jugs, is it really bad filtering or is it additives that aren’t bonding well with this oil made from natural gas??

Sent from Above

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I’ve seen a bunch of customers freaking out on YouTube about what’s been found at the bottom of the jugs, is it really bad filtering or is it additives that aren’t bonding well with this oil made from natural gas??

Sent from Above

Send a sample of any oil you like in for VOA and them run and ISO 4406 cleanliness test and see how dirty NEW Motor Oil really is. Not clean enough for jewel box type hydraulic control systems. Thing is, refinery process equipment is not a surgically sterile  environment. 

Pretty sure this isn't an additive 'drop out'. It's the same molecules any other Group III is made from.

I looked on YouTube. Saw about 3 videos of trace amounts of something vague. Two of them were not even Ultra Platinum. Just Platinum. Different product. 

I found a fly once n a pint of Ben & Jerry's...I still eat Cherry Garcia.

:) 

Know how you never see a pink VW buss until you've owned one? Bet now that you've seen this it will start showing up every once in awhile in a bottle of anything you pour in your motor. 

:chill:

• Like 1

Send a sample of any oil you like in for VOA and them run and ISO 4406 cleanliness test and see how dirty NEW Motor Oil really is. Not clean enough for jewel box type hydraulic control systems. Thing is, refinery process equipment is not a surgically sterile  environment. 

Pretty sure this isn't an additive 'drop out'. It's the same molecules any other Group III is made from.

I looked on YouTube. Saw about 3 videos of trace amounts of something vague. Two of them were not even Ultra Platinum. Just Platinum. Different product. 

I found a fly once n a pint of Ben & Jerry's...I still eat Cherry Garcia.

[emoji4] 

Know how you never see a pink VW buss until you've owned one? Bet now that you've seen this it will start showing up every once in awhile in a bottle of anything you pour in your motor. 

:chill:

Well, I found it funny being that Pennzoil advertises how much cleaner their product is coming from natural gas versus crude oil and that there’s almost no impurity’s lol. I’ll stick with my 100 Synthetic oil.

Found this interesting

https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/motor-oil/articles/what-is-synthetic-motor-oil/

Sent from Above

12 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Well, I found it funny being that Pennzoil advertises how much cleaner their product is coming from natural gas versus crude oil and that there’s almost no impurity’s lol. I’ll stick with my 100 Synthetic oil.

Your missing the point my friend. What they mean by 'clean' is free from things like wax and sulfur and nitrogen compounds. What's in those few bottles has nothing to do with any of that. Two of them, as I stated, were not even this product. I has to do with down stream cleanliness. Literally a fly in a pint of ice cream sort to thing.

But...you were not really asking your opening question to learn a thing about a new product....were you?  

:banghead:

Man I'm slow some days.

:seeya:

• Like 1

It comes across has him just trying to spread FUD.

"’I've heard lots of people complaining"

"I’ve seen a bunch of customers freaking out on YouTube"

From a google search of it, I came across 2 reports of it from 2 years ago and 7 years ago.  Obviously, it's a problem affecting millions of people.

And it's not like he just found that "what is in synthetic oil" page....he's posted it before.

It comes across has him just trying to spread FUD.

"’I've heard lots of people complaining"
"I’ve seen a bunch of customers freaking out on YouTube"

From a google search of it, I came across 2 reports of it from 2 years ago and 7 years ago.  Obviously, it's a problem affecting millions of people.

And it's not like he just found that "what is in synthetic oil" page....he's posted it before.

Actually have no idea what you’re talking about but based on your insecurities in the past, I’m sure you couldn’t control yourself one last time. I’ve done this before? What, are you that insecure that now you’re making up things?
I’m asking a question based on what I’ve come across on the net, I’m interested in knowing more about it. If it’s your choice of oil how about sharing your experiences rather than showing your insecurities.

Sent from Above

Your missing the point my friend. What they mean by 'clean' is free from things like wax and sulfur and nitrogen compounds. What's in those few bottles has nothing to do with any of that. Two of them, as I stated, were not even this product. I has to do with down stream cleanliness. Literally a fly in a pint of ice cream sort to thing.

But...you were not really asking your opening question to learn a thing about a new product....were you?  

:banghead:

Man I'm slow some days.

:seeya:

Actually, I am very interested. I watched a video claiming it was just below Amsoil in quality. I’m not interested for myself, looking to help someone else as large bulk purchases are in his future but he asked me if I’ve heard of anything as to these claims of residue like film in the oil. Personally, I’ve been trying to get him to use my choice of oils but he does short oci’s and has a large inventory of newer GM shop vehicles.

It’s interesting to see not one person has any experience in this oil but rather than have input of experience, questioning and being negative as to why I’m asking LMAO! Like I said, only a few in here with enough expertise, the rest should sit back and learn

Sent from Above

You watched a video. I see. Well if it was in an internet video.....

Your at 10,000 feet deep in the Rocky's standing beside a crystal clear mountain stream and you are thirsty but you notice that the river bottom is made of earth. NO! Not nasty old earth. Do you assume the river is polluted and refuse to drink?

Sir if you saw the inside of refinery equipment you wouldn't put a drop of anything in your truck. I saw nothing in that bottle in that video that would keep me from using that product.

30 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

It’s interesting to see not one person has any experience in this oil 

Yea, lets not get of the rails here 

19 hours ago, txab said:

No "sludge" in any of the jugs I've used. UOAs are fine

Pretty sure that crazy clown is a PERSON.

:crackup:

He gave you the answer you asked for, just not the one you expected to here. 

• Like 1

You watched a video. I see. Well if it was in an internet video.....

Your at 10,000 feet deep in the Rocky's standing beside a crystal clear mountain stream and you are thirsty but you notice that the river bottom is made of earth. NO! Not nasty old earth. Do you assume the river is polluted and refuse to drink?

Sir if you saw the inside of refinery equipment you wouldn't put a drop of anything in your truck. I saw nothing in that bottle in that video that would keep me from using that product.

Pretty sure that crazy clown is a PERSON.

:crackup:

He gave you the answer you asked for, just not the one you expected to here. 

I was at the least expecting to hear a few more with their own experiences.

Sent from Above

I’ve even considered using it for 3k mile OCI’s. I do sit idling for long periods and especially sitting in my truck while waiting for Hogs cause it gets really hot at night here in Texas and the mosquitoes are vicious lol

Sent from Above