Katzkin Self Install on 2019 Silverado

I installed oem leather take offs I bought on ebay.  They fit perfect with no issues installing them.  I have done a couple other trucks so I knew what I was in for.  Only real snag I ran into was how to unplug the front seats.  I never figured it out so I loosed the bolts holding it down and did them in the truck.  You can google how to do the K2XX trucks and the process is very similar.  On the rear seats the T1 has an upper part of the seat and a lower part.  I would watch this video for better info:  

These are the seat covers I bought.  They have a GM part# on each piece so it was easy to match up since there are no instructions.  No special tools needed to install.  Everything these days clips or zipppers in place.  The hardest job to me is the front headrest cover install.  The rear headrests were super easy.   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-NEW-TAKEOFF-OEM-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-CREW-CAB-LEATHER-SEAT-COVER-SET/223803853359?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Edited by lerbud
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Brando Vasquez said:

Finally had some down tine to complete the install. They came out pretty awesome, and learned a few things along the way! 

I ordered the takeoffs also.  Did you remove the front seats to do the install? Did you try to save the cloth covers or cut them off?  any pointers would be greatly appreciated. 

I was able to remove the front seats pretty easily. The wire harness come undone from under the seat by sliding the red release clip back, then pressing Down on the top left corner Of the grey Slide sleeve. Then remove the 4 bolts that hold the seat in and you can remove the front seats. I was able to save all the cloth covers since they are all held on by clips and zippers. The only cuts I had to make were on the cloth head covers along the bottom to get them off a little easier. I just cut the stitching out to help open them up and slide them off a bit easier. Everything else was pretty straight forward. Other than getting in a good hand and forearm work out, take your time and pay attention to detail. I think the top center jump seat was the toughest since you have to remove a parts. Let me know if you run into any issues and I’ll do my best to help with whatever issue pops up.. also, when doing the back seat, remove the top back seat first. It will make getting to the bottom back seat bolts way easier.