Katzkin Self Install on 2019 Silverado

On 2/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, lerbud said:

These are the seat covers I bought.  They have a GM part# on each piece so it was easy to match up since there are no instructions.  No special tools needed to install.  Everything these days clips or zipppers in place.  The hardest job to me is the front headrest cover install.  The rear headrests were super easy.   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-NEW-TAKEOFF-OEM-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-CREW-CAB-LEATHER-SEAT-COVER-SET/223803853359?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I'm trying to figure out how the guy ended up with 20 sets of leather GM seat covers.....................

On 2/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, Brando Vasquez said:

FA939726-67F6-43E7-A6A6-EF75708E5510.jpeg

On 2/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, lerbud said:

I installed oem leather take offs I bought on ebay.  They fit perfect with no issues installing them.  I have done a couple other trucks so I knew what I was in for.  Only real snag I ran into was how to unplug the front seats.  I never figured it out so I loosed the bolts holding it down and did them in the truck.  You can google how to do the K2XX trucks and the process is very similar.  On the rear seats the T1 has an upper part of the seat and a lower part.  I would watch this video for better info:  

I just had a custom shop do mine - love them. However, I have a slight squeak/rattle coming from the backseat now. I took the truck back and they "tightened everything up" but it still does it every once in a while. Only when driving slow over a bumpy road or railroad track. Almost sounds like the backseat is moving or loose. Any thoughts on what it could be? Ill probably take a look at it myself this weekend.

13 minutes ago, lerbud said:

It could be the rear headrests making noise.  Fold them down and see if that fixes it.  If that works spread the headrest posts out a little and reinstall.

This could be it.. but it has a more metal sound to it. I did try removing the headrests completely and that didn't fix it. 

I'm thinking about maybe putting some rubber washers on all the bolts.

• 11 months later...

I just started my leather install last night.  Doing a little at the time.  I got the back of the rear seat out and the cloth cover off except on the rear storage doors and the arm rest.  Not sure exactly how they are going to come off yet because all the videos online are with back seats that dont have rear storage or armrest.  Anyone done the install that has the rear storage in the back of the seats and arm rest?

The arm rest has a black plastic piece in the back when you fold it down, behind it are screws that allow you to fully remove the arm rest. There are also screws in the bottom of the cup holder that allows you to remove that plastic piece. From there you can take the cover off. For the behind the seat storage, they come out once you’ve taken the seat off. Behind the seat are screws that allow you to remove the panels.

• Like 1

I finished this project.  Wasn't too terrible expect for the front middle seat/console that you had to tear down almost completely to do it.  I did a roadwire kit and you have to cut out holes in the head rest for the buttons and you have to cut holes in the top of the seats for the head rest pins as well as the middle seat/console you had to cut several places on it.  I was nervous I was going to cut somewhere i shouldnt and I think you have to cut on Katzkin kits as well but I think they give you lines for limits of where to cut.

• Like 1