bad fuel pump module

I have a new 131 mile, less than one week Silverado Trail Boss 5.3l and the truck would not start.

Four tries with the key, a remote start attempt and just engine cranking.

Called On Star and asked to have it towed.  Sat for about ten minutes and tried again.

This time it started but a check engine light was set.

I had it towed anyway.  Dealer said the fuel pump module was bad but truck is running and they cleared the code.

GM agreed to replace the module.

Anyone else have a bad fuel pump module?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2020 trail boss 6.2 175 miles on it.  I just drove it home from the dealer and it wouldn't run the next day.  They hauled it back to the dealer yesterday and waiting to hear the results. 

Edited by KZ3

• 2 weeks later...

2020 gmc sierra 1500 sle. Check engine light was flashing and turning off every few hundred miles since new. Check engine light came on and stayed solid today, took it to dealer and sat for 3 hours, they cleared the code and are waiting on a fuel pump module to come in from gm

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue pop up after 500 miles. My truck has been at the dealer since May 7th and still no part. About to make my second payment on a truck that hasn't been in my garage for just under 7 weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 9:17 AM, Mr. Jones said:

I have a new 131 mile, less than one week Silverado Trail Boss 5.3l and the truck would not start.

Four tries with the key, a remote start attempt and just engine cranking.

Called On Star and asked to have it towed.  Sat for about ten minutes and tried again.

This time it started but a check engine light was set.

I had it towed anyway.  Dealer said the fuel pump module was bad but truck is running and they cleared the code.

GM agreed to replace the module.

Anyone else have a bad fuel pump module?

1 minute ago, Jay Kay Kershaw said:

FUEL PUMP MODULE. 2019 Trail Boss. Looks like I was one of the lucky ones... my truck waited until 17,000 miles to not start/engine light on. Fuel pump module!!! It's been at the Dealership for 5 weeks waiting on the part from GM.