bad fuel pump module

3 minutes ago, stevecraighead said:

My CEL came on a few weeks. Diagnostic code indicated is was the fuel pump module. My dealership got the part in three days and my truck was in out of the shop in 3 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are so lucky.. I'm tired of waiting to get my truck back.

I had a check engine light right around 12K miles - fuel pump module replacement. The screen goes black occasionally, the radio volume doesn't work sometimes, shifts hard 1-2, makes an odd noise on startup, and now I have problems with the A/C which requires a dash removal... Beginning to wish I hadn't bought this truck.

If you haven't already, we recommend reaching out to your dealership to further discuss your concerns. Our team is more than happy to connect with them on your behalf. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

• 5 months later...

Yesterday my 2020 Silverado wouldn’t start called OnStar and dealer. After 10 minutes truck started brought it to the dealer. Error code said fuel pump/wiring? 870 miles, I am pissed! To top it off dealer didn’t have a loaner car or shuttle service, what an F ing joke!

5 hours ago, Roch said:

Yesterday my 2020 Silverado wouldn’t start called OnStar and dealer. After 10 minutes truck started brought it to the dealer. Error code said fuel pump/wiring? 870 miles, I am pissed! To top it off dealer didn’t have a loaner car or shuttle service, what an F ing joke!

then they are on the hook to rent you one.  Happened to me a few times with a different  Truck. Enterprise rental it was .

• 1 month later...

2021 Trailboss 6.2. Owned 1 month/1005 miles and same issue.  Tried starting multiple times and starter will engage but engine will not fire.  Let sit for a few hours and tried again and engine finally fired up.  Check engine light on so drove down the street to the dealership.  Codes P00C6 (Fuel rail pressure too low - engine cranking bank 1) and (Fuel pump driver control module enable circuit performance).  Waiting to see how long it will take to fix.  Confidence in truck is diminishing sadly.  Love my truck but NOT happy!

• 3 months later...

I have a 2019 Silverado new style with 25000 km on it. I was on a 3 hour drive and engine light came on but know affect on performance. I stopped for fuel, truck started up and light still on. The next day I went out to move my truck and light was off but I took it into the dealer to get checked out. It turned out to be the fuel pump module code and they said they are going to replace it.

Late to the party here but sounds like I had the same issue as some folks.  2019 Sierra SLT 32k miles.  Check engine light came on on a Saturday afternoon.  Truck started and ran fine. Sunday morning started it up and the light was off.  Brought it to the dealer on Monday morning anyway and they replaced the fuel pump control module.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

2019 silverado ltz 26k miles my car woulnt start i thought it was battery. Replaced it to no luck.   Is Dec 27 no tech available took a week to diagnosed and the part is in back order they are not giving me a loaner or a rental as they discontinued the program. Im stick with no car for a week so I will not be buying chevy again

• 1 month later...

My 2019 silverado 1500 high country has left me stranded 4 times. Stop for a red light go to take off and it shuts off and won't start back get it towed in and it starts back up the next day. I would drive it a couple weeks and the same thing happens again. They replaced the fuel pump cleaned gas tank and fuel lines for $1,926 and I still have the same problem. Could this be the fuel system control modual?

Sorrry for the late revival of the post. 43k on a 2019 Sierra 5.3. Check engine light on for over a month. Dealer checked and said it’s a bad fuel pump control module. Fortunately the truck is running ok. As said, part from dealer is back ordered and no idea when GM will ship. They suggested that I callGM customer service and complain. :) The original has been updated to a new part number and I did find one on a shelf at a dealer in Canada. FedEx says it will be here in a couple of days. 

I plan on taking it to the dealer but just in case, does anyone know where the module is located? I assume it’s frame mounted somewhere and does it need to be programmed?. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rehartline