Door chime after Amp install

I'm looking into install 5-channel into my '19 Custom. No BOSE. I'm worried that after amp install, that door chimes will be super loud. I looked and for non-amplified systems there isn't much talked about. Some =one at PAC said to check forums; and that some guys are using LOC to get around this, but I'm wondering how. Using an LOC on rear speakers somehow?

Current plan is to install LOC then RCAS to EQ then into AMP.

They way I did it was, I bridges my front and rear door speakers and put that on two channels. I then put the two dash speakers on two channels to allow me gain control for the chimes. I used a LC7i because of the bass roll off around half volume. 

• Like 2

Licustom- Thanks. Thats good info. I was thinking of just tapping my LOC on the rear speakers to get rid of the door chimes all together, I dont need them or want them anyway. Did the same thing in my '06. 

When it comes to the bass roll off, this is new thing for me. I'm more old school. I did do some reading about it and I understand the concept. This bass roll off comes from the headunit, do you know? I wish I could do a LC7i, but I'm trying to do this whole project cheap as possible. 

Should I assume that I will still get this bass roll off even with me adding an EQ and LOC? (Plan was to add a 2 channel LOC to rears, then RCA that to an EQ, then to the 5 channel)

Thanks again!

Toolman- As far as I know from all the research I did with numerous company’s is just using a line our converter to run a 5 channel amp will not sound to good because of the bass roll off and the frequency changes that occur around half volume. Bass roll off comes from the head unit. GM did that to protect the speakers from blowing at higher volumes. I was going to go your route but changed my mind last second and did away with the EQ. The lc7i works great for me because it restores the bass and frequencies, the. Again all depends on the overall sound your expecting from your truck. Not saying your doing it wrong, but if you do it half assed expect half assed sound. With a lc7i and amp correctly tuned you can get very clear sound out of it. My set up is the lc7i with a 5 channel Infiniti Kappa amp. For bass I am running the kicker 12” comprt truck box with passive radiator. While I’m not shaking any windows my over stereo is very clear with any genre I play. 

Edited by Licustom
  • Like 1

Ya, I'm starting to get the same feeling. 

Gonna have to find a good deal on a LC7i, I think. I now see a few other products available, but Audio Control has always made great stuff. I trust them. And its a bit cheaper than the others too.

Thanks

Contact John he makes the harnesses super fast the other thread a lot of people were complaining about Ljcustoms.

Johns email [email protected]

you’ll still need a lci. But makes install a breeze he also has packages with them pre wired,

Edited by greco2003

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, Licustom said:

They way I did it was, I bridges my front and rear door speakers and put that on two channels. I then put the two dash speakers on two channels to allow me gain control for the chimes. I used a LC7i because of the bass roll off around half volume. 

By tuning down the tweeters for the chimes, don’t you lose some volume from them also?

Im in the middle of my install and trying to decide which way I want to go. 

I also want to find where the front door and front dash speakers split, so I can connect them to my crossovers. I installed tweeters are in the dash and woofers in the door. 

36 minutes ago, Toolman82 said:

By tuning down the tweeters for the chimes, don’t you lose some volume from them also?

Im in the middle of my install and trying to decide which way I want to go. 

I also want to find where the front door and front dash speakers split, so I can connect them to my crossovers. I installed tweeters are in the dash and woofers in the door. 

I left the factory dash speakers and didn’t replace them. Only crappy part doing it the way I did was the gain for the rear channels changes all the door speakers. A million different ways it could be done. I split all my speakers down next to the glove box. 

34 minutes ago, Toolman82 said:

You found both left and right dash/door leads down there? 

I've def complicated things for myself lol

Yes I did, I can’t remember the wire colors off the top of my head right now, that’s why I did mine the way I did it. Simple and actually came out sounds clean. 

Awesome, thanks for all the help!

Got all the speakers installed yesterday, and ran the power wire for the amp. 

I hope to get the all the speaker wiring, LC7i, and crossovers wired up

Where did you end up mounting your amp? Mine is kinda big and heavy(16" long x 12" wide), so my current plans is to mount a board to the underside of the 60% side of the rear seat. Sub box will go under the 40% side