Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

I've had issues with my truck rumbling and vibrating when I idle between 30 and 40 mph. As soon I step on the gas it goes away. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the AFM or what. I can't find a straight answer for the problem, anything would be helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, truck guru said:

Year and model of truck helps ? 

his signature says 2016 Silverado.

 

Yes, If you are in V4 mode while coasting or very light throttle, sometimes it can make that light noise/vibration. Mine also does it, but only in very specific situations. Like you said, once you apply throttle, it goes away. Its trying to run in too high of a gear with not enough engine rpm's. If it bothers you that much, you could just put it in M when you're driving around town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aseibel said:

his signature says 2016 Silverado.

 

Yes, If you are in V4 mode while coasting or very light throttle, sometimes it can make that light noise/vibration. Mine also does it, but only in very specific situations. Like you said, once you apply throttle, it goes away. Its trying to run in too high of a gear with not enough engine rpm's. If it bothers you that much, you could just put it in M when you're driving around town.

The V4 mode is a joke , I can feel it shift back and forth and yes it does make a rumble type vibration , I keep it in manual as long as I can around town I am wanting to get a tuner to stop the v-4 mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, truck guru said:

The V4 mode is a joke , I can feel it shift back and forth and yes it does make a rumble type vibration , I keep it in manual as long as I can around town I am wanting to get a tuner to stop the v-4 mode

That's unfortunate that it bothers you. It is near seamless in my truck. Only rarely do I even notice it, usually in the situation the OP described. 99% of the time I wouldn't know its in V4 if I don't look at the DIC. Maybe you could have a dealer look at yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, aseibel said:

That's unfortunate that it bothers you. It is near seamless in my truck. Only rarely do I even notice it, usually in the situation the OP described. 99% of the time I wouldn't know its in V4 if I don't look at the DIC. Maybe you could have a dealer look at yours. 

Do you pull trailers? that intensifies the condition and yes I know there's a trailer mode for that but only use it in hilly spots or when pulling very heavy loads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, truck guru said:

Do you pull trailers? that intensifies the condition and yes I know there's a trailer mode for that but only use it in hilly spots or when pulling very heavy loads

I do, but only 3,000 lbs and under. I can't say i notice much difference in the v4 mode while pulling. Obviously it enters V4 less frequently though. I also have 3.42 gears. If you have 3.08, I bet that would make a difference.

 

Do you have a 2011? Isn't that a bit different than the 14+ models? I never drove a GMT900 so I can't compare that version of the AFM to mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.