how to spot performance exhaust

Hi all, I recently purchased a Sierra AT 4 that was to have the performance upgrade that included the performance exhaust. I do not believe the dealer installed it. is there a way to visually tell if it was put on? it certainly doesn't sound like it to me. 

Hi all, I recently purchased a Sierra AT 4 that was to have the performance upgrade that included the performance exhaust. I do not believe the dealer installed it. is there a way to visually tell if it was put on? it certainly doesn't sound like it to me. 
If you see clamped pipe joints then it's the performance exhaust likely. If it's all welded then it probably factory stock exhaust

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It’s stock. Tech said it was upgraded but I showed him the right one  so now I’m waiting for my dealer to talk with the dealer they got it from. Either way it’s getting replaced so thank you all for the info. Saved me some arguing. Lol

2 minutes ago, 2000 said:

It’s stock. Tech said it was upgraded but I showed him the right one  so now I’m waiting for my dealer to talk with the dealer they got it from. Either way it’s getting replaced so thank you all for the info. Saved me some arguing. Lol

Good deal, you’ll like the new exhaust. Dealers are supposed to put it on when the truck is delivered but yours might have slipped through the cracks. Did they put the cold air intake on at least?

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

Good deal, you’ll like the new exhaust. Dealers are supposed to put it on when the truck is delivered but yours might have slipped through the cracks. Did they put the cold air intake on at least?

Yep the air intake was done. Stuff happens. I’m good with it all as long as it gets done. I’m just glad I had the info to say wrong. Tech said he hasn’t seen one yet so he didn’t know there was one. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, 2000 said:

Yep the air intake was done. Stuff happens. I’m good with it all as long as it gets done. I’m just glad I had the info to say wrong. Tech said he hasn’t seen one yet so he didn’t know there was one. 

It's ridiculous that you would have to say whether or not the exhaust on the truck was stock.  Even if he hasn't seen the performance exhaust he HAS seen the stock exhaust a few hundred times and knows what that looks and sounds like.  If he told you it was installed he knew he was lying, end of story. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DuRsT said:

It's ridiculous that you would have to say whether or not the exhaust on the truck was stock.  Even if he hasn't seen the performance exhaust he HAS seen the stock exhaust a few hundred times and knows what that looks and sounds like.  If he told you it was installed he knew he was lying, end of story. 

Trying to be glass have full guy. Still being told performance exhaust was installed. Waiting to hear from GM..

8E9ED411-B274-4263-BB95-03089ABA5E1C.jpeg

Yeah, definitely not the performance exhaust. I can pop under mine and take some pics, but really it seems so obvious to anyone...can’t believe they are still fighting it.

Wonder what they did with the exhaust...sold it? Put it on the wrong truck?

6 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, definitely not the performance exhaust. I can pop under mine and take some pics, but really it seems so obvious to anyone...can’t believe they are still fighting it.

Wonder what they did with the exhaust...sold it? Put it on the wrong truck?

I’ll take you up on photo offer if they don’t come through. Hopefully won’t come to that. I’m trying to be patient   Lol

I’ll take you up on photo offer if they don’t come through. Hopefully won’t come to that. I’m trying to be patient   Lol
I know this isn't exactly what you want, but here is the GM performance exhaust right before I installed it.

Notice, no flappers before or after muffler, and no resonators.

Good luck.ee29c96216bef83b20616f7a5793d879.jpg65897aff0d8134968a3fa7e210f7e04b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MG386 said:

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but here is the GM performance exhaust right before I installed it.

Notice, no flappers before or after muffler, and no resonators.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Also straight in and straight out muffler. Mine enters on the side of muffler exits out the middle. Is that for a 6.2? beautiful garage floor btw.   

20 hours ago, DuRsT said:

This, I freaking hate dealerships so bad. Always seems like there’s something.