2020 Towing Mirrors to Standard Mirrors

2 hours ago, michael betz said:

I have stock. Looking to buy the towing. I'll trade ya!!

Have you checked or read where someone has swapped successfully? I've got just a handful of miles on my 2020 so I'm going to give them a little time to see if I get used to them. Someone else on here said they eventually got used to them. 

I'm guessing with yours being the Trail Boss it doesn't have the Technology Pkg/cameras?

I will keep your offer in mind if I decide to change so stay tuned in and maybe drop me a message later

Edited by ArTurf

2 hours ago, ArTurf said:

Have you checked or read where someone has swapped successfully? I've got just a handful of miles on my 2020 so I'm going to give them a little time to see if I get used to them. Someone else on here said they eventually got used to them. 

I'm guessing with yours being the Trail Boss it doesn't have the Technology Pkg/cameras?

I will keep your offer in mind if I decide to change so stay tuned in and maybe drop me a message later

GM has not offered the power folding tow mirrors as an accessory yet,  so it's really a guess  as to what is required.  The only way to get power folding tow mirrors right now is a upper trim level truck with the Technology package, so you'll have to find a equally as equipped truck to swap mirrors and door harnesses to test it out.

14 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

GM has not offered the power folding tow mirrors as an accessory yet,  so it's really a guess  as to what is required.  The only way to get power folding tow mirrors right now is a upper trim level truck with the Technology package, so you'll have to find a equally as equipped truck to swap mirrors and door harnesses to test it out.

Didn't figure I'd find anyone that has done it but you never know until you ask

I asked if they could swap them when I purchased my truck, but the dealer could not find any official documents stating if it could be done so we left them on.   Beyond the physical installation they thought there would need to be some reprogramming because of the cameras etc.   

for sure the technology package would be required (on both trucks)I would think.  

• 5 months later...

Bringing this thread back up. Still wanting to swap back to regular mirrors but don't want to lose any camera functions. One thing on my 2020 that the 2019 doesn't have is the rear side view when towing a trailer and the turn signal is on, really like that. 

Anyone made the swap back to standard or vise versa successfully?

I'm open to trade if I know it will work without losing anything

On 8/14/2020 at 8:59 PM, ArTurf said:

Bringing this thread back up. Still wanting to swap back to regular mirrors but don't want to lose any camera functions. One thing on my 2020 that the 2019 doesn't have is the rear side view when towing a trailer and the turn signal is on, really like that. 

Anyone made the swap back to standard or vise versa successfully?

I'm open to trade if I know it will work without losing anything

You will lose side camera visibility swapping mirrors, there is no way around it.  Swapping mirrors is not supported by GM unless you have the basic mirrors that do not power fold or have safety packages.  Sorry to tell you, but you're stuck with your tow mirrors if you aren't willing to sacrifice your 360 camera.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, pewterliftedz said:

You will lose side camera visibility swapping mirrors, there is no way around it.  Swapping mirrors is not supported by GM unless you have the basic mirrors that do not power fold or have safety packages.  Sorry to tell you, but you're stuck with your tow mirrors if you aren't willing to sacrifice your 360 camera.

I‘m wanting to change from standard mirrors to the tow mirrors. They are manual (not power folding) but I do have the Safety Package I which has the blind spot monitoring. 

I get that the tow mirrors don’t support the safety package. But I guess I’m wondering, can these still be installed on my truck if I’m okay not having the blind spot monitor? 

Would the lighting on the tow mirrors still work?

thank you 

13 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

I‘m wanting to change from standard mirrors to the tow mirrors. They are manual (not power folding) but I do have the Safety Package I which has the blind spot monitoring. 

I get that the tow mirrors don’t support the safety package. But I guess I’m wondering, can these still be installed on my truck if I’m okay not having the blind spot monitor? 

Would the lighting on the tow mirrors still work?

thank you 

Yes the mirrors will bolt up and plug in to your trucks existing harness.  The mirror lights will not work unless you upgrade to new door harness that have the proper wiring.

What I don't know is if you will get any errors on the truck by getting mirrors that delete those features.  I doubt it, but I can't say for sure.

• Thanks 1