In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2020 jump seat in 2019 HD? Will it fit?

Ok so I much prefer the 2019 body style so I’ve elected to buy a leftover 19 Sierra hd. So the problem is I have 4 kids and need the front bench. I bought a truck with a console knowing that that cont be switched to a jump seat easily. Here’s where it gets complicated. My wife has found that the jump seat I. These trucks is lap belt only and is fittingly termed the “death seat” by all the mothers out there...... wouldn’t you know that Chevy finally caught Ford and added the shoulder belt in ‘19 half tons and 2020 HD’s. Looking at the two on ebay it looks like the mounting is very similar. Can anyone tell me if I can put a new jumpseat with the shoulder belt in my 19 body truck? 

• 2 weeks later...

It does fit. Just thought I’d share for those who find this thread and wonder in the future. I was pleasantly surprised that the main mount holes were only off about 1/2” so after drilling new holes on the raised truck floor for the aligning pins to drop into the 4 main 15mm mount bolts worked out fine.

Word to the wise though. Get black because the dune color does not match. Having a safe place for my kids to ride far outweighs the color clash. I’ll put the console back in when I no longer require 6 seats. ffd6ff28de7d38533e1c0a8535e73d9f.jpg
f0c7cd7ac474ad51f4a992d6a4412dff.jpg
b9ef28ba69d3b74aaab4c5a0057b5cac.jpg
48865f854e95a74222f336051d9d20d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Very nice! Thanks for the follow-up post. Questions:

How many holes in all did you drill, 2? Or 2 per side?

Any issues with airbag sensors / error lights on the instrument panel?

I notice the extra vents, accessory outlets under the back of the middle seat. Are they hooked up? Did you have those before with your old setup?

Sorry if some of these are rookie questions. I did read your posts but I'm new to these trucks so not entirely sure what exactly was there before and what all still works after.

Man that's awesome though not having the death seat in the front middle. Well done!

Sent from the demons in my head

Well it’s late but I’ll clarify a little real quick.

No the vents don’t work. The 2019 exits are still under the driver and pass seats. Which works fine. As far as the 12v cig and USB ports on the back side. Those will be fairly easily connected to the wiring from the console. I did loose the subwoofer but otherwise the rest should be able to relocate. I’m still waiting for the dash filler piece. I’ll put one of the usb and the 110v outlet in there. I’ll try to follow up when I get more done.

Here’s a couple more pics with red marked to show the drilling. 49f613e33f640084d191cf709fface3e.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 2:15 AM, zacharywhitson said:

Well it’s late but I’ll clarify a little real quick.

No the vents don’t work. The 2019 exits are still under the driver and pass seats. Which works fine. As far as the 12v cig and USB ports on the back side. Those will be fairly easily connected to the wiring from the console. I did loose the subwoofer but otherwise the rest should be able to relocate. I’m still waiting for the dash filler piece. I’ll put one of the usb and the 110v outlet in there. I’ll try to follow up when I get more done.

Here’s a couple more pics with red marked to show the drilling. 49f613e33f640084d191cf709fface3e.jpg

Did the 15mm bolts line up once you drilled the holes?  How did the USB/Cig Lighter project work out?  Thanks for the great details.

8 hours ago, Brook Heiling said:

Did the 15mm bolts line up once you drilled the holes?  How did the USB/Cig Lighter project work out?  Thanks for the great details.

Yes The bolts lined up. The USB that is in the back of the jump seat has the same pigtail wiring as my console had so that was pretty plug and play. I run the USB cord for my phone from the back of the jump seat up to my phone which works fine as long as it doesn't get kicked by the rear passengers. Also the little ashtray style filler in the dash went in just fine too. If the color were  a better match you'd be hard pressed to tell it wasn't all like this from the factory. We just got back from a labor day weekend trip with all 6 and the seat worked great for my 8 year old daughter. 

• 11 months later...

Hey guys - I am new to this forum (so far only Yukon XLs since I have 4 kids) & about to get a 2019 2500HD and try to swap the center console (at least for a few years) to do the 2020 center jump seat that has the shoulder belt with it from a 2020 1500.  But before I go and spend the money on this truck trusting Zachary (who by the way convinced me this is possible) - has anyone else successfully completed this that could share any pitfalls or yourself Zachary?  

For you Zachary - I have read this multiple times over and to summarize - once you took everything out, the new seat lined up with the existing bolt holes perfectly once you drilled the two holes with the red arrows above?  Just making sure before I go and sign my next 5 years away on this 2500HD!!

Thanks again for the detailed pictures - its folks like you that help out so much on these forums.  

On 9/5/2021 at 5:03 PM, WillyTX said:

Hey guys - I am new to this forum (so far only Yukon XLs since I have 4 kids) & about to get a 2019 2500HD and try to swap the center console (at least for a few years) to do the 2020 center jump seat that has the shoulder belt with it from a 2020 1500.  But before I go and spend the money on this truck trusting Zachary (who by the way convinced me this is possible) - has anyone else successfully completed this that could share any pitfalls or yourself Zachary?  

For you Zachary - I have read this multiple times over and to summarize - once you took everything out, the new seat lined up with the existing bolt holes perfectly once you drilled the two holes with the red arrows above?  Just making sure before I go and sign my next 5 years away on this 2500HD!!

Thanks again for the detailed pictures - its folks like you that help out so much on these forums.  

The easiest thing you can do is get the correct console.  No drilling, no holes, its plug and play.  2015-2019 console.   

Totally understand - just had trouble as a few other guys said with just having a lapbelt only for the middle seat.  After a few days removed from the post - I can say that it was just a few holes that had to be drilled so really not much to it at all.  Just wanted to make sure everyone knew it could be done!