Duramax 6.6l or 6.0l

New to the group.... if someone could give me some honest feedback it would be greatly appreciated. I currently have a 2011 Silverado 1500 crew 5.3 133k, I'm looking to get a 2500 crew due to the fact that I just picked up a new race trailer for my son. Trailer GVW is 7k, truck will tow 7600, towing home yesterday seemed like a struggle with it empty. Question is should I bother looking for a duramax if that trailer is the only thing I really tow for a couple months out of the year?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, Curley7718 said:

New to the group.... if someone could give me some honest feedback it would be greatly appreciated. I currently have a 2011 Silverado 1500 crew 5.3 133k, I'm looking to get a 2500 crew due to the fact that I just picked up a new race trailer for my son. Trailer GVW is 7k, truck will tow 7600, towing home yesterday seemed like a struggle with it empty. Question is should I bother looking for a duramax if that trailer is the only thing I really tow for a couple months out of the year?

I have no idea how old your son is or what he races, involve him in your decision. If he's just a hobby racer or shows potential to moving up to heavier and faster cars and a lengthier season should make your decision much easier.