2019 Trail Boss Lift

Question.....I'm considering going with a 4" suspension lift (Rough Country), will the truck actually have a 6" lift afterwards?  Meaning in addition to the existing 2"?  I was told yesterday that it would "replace" the existing 2" & just be the 4".  Please chime in for me on this anyone.  Thanks in advance.

When I pulled the TB coilovers apart I was surprised to not see a top spacer, so Rancho has made a strut with a taller bottom perch for the TB create some lift in the front. So if your using the same strut and adding a RC spacer it would be a total of around 6. 

Edited by Ryguy
  • Like 1

You would be replacing and not adding, so it would be 4inch lift as the RC lift is advertised. The only way you would be adding to the GM TB lift is if you added a level kit to it as some have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Bloody Marty said:

At the end of the day, I want this truck to be 4" higher than it currently sets OR 6" higher than a regular 2019 1/2 ton.

I really like this set up......213036542_TBLIFT.jpg.c8e3d587f3c84783b78ef79d0688512f.jpg

Looks great, cant tell what kit they're running tho. If you're going for strictly looks and decent offroad ability, i'd go with either of these options for the 4" (6" total) kits

https://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=1&ty=113&yr=2019-2020

4" Suspension Lift Kit

• Price $2,086.22

• Base Kit Id 749H

OR

4" Coilover Systems

• Price $3,954.52

• Base Kit Id 749F

3 minutes ago, Bloody Marty said:

Yep, was looking at these today. 

Ironically, I live 30ish miles away from where these are made here in Coldwater, MI.

I would be off road very little to be honest.  Daily driver.

Yea, the bds kits look great. I'd go with just the suspension lift kit then, it's roughly 2k cheaper!

if your goin 6in your basically scrapping out the TB lift.....only keeping the cv axles, or you should anyways

and yeah I would get BDS or Zone..CST, and probably a few others as well...… .I wouldn't choose an RC.

new coilovers in front.....even if you don't offroad, just better geometry, handling, and overall ride and you never know maybe youll get a wild hair up your ass once its done....

plenty have regretted cheaper lesser kits but try to find someone who has regretted a proper one!

60k truck deserves better, lol...….

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 2

RC supposedly getting better and they have new coilover so....just make sure the angles are good and coilover will give you better ride and use of all travel you have

Now I'm thinking of just a 2" lift (total of 4") & having no rake in the front (level).  With that idea could I use the stock rims & go with a bigger 18" tire & still have a good look?  Thinking a 35" tire?

Ideas???

Edited by Bloody Marty