options added after the sale

So there are a few options that I would like to have added but wondering if its possible. Like the power plug inside and out??? The brake controller has a wire there but the dealer told me no it can't be added??? Why? Cameras added for the trailer and work with the onboard system? More usb ports, wireless charging? Trailer tpms? Radio upgrade? If you have any info on these or other that you have had done, I would like to hear about it. I 

7 minutes ago, steve841 said:

I cant help but ask ....Why wouldn't you have purchased one with those options?

Adding anything after the fact costs more.

Agreed. Kinda sounds like buyers remorse.  I get it, we all want more in our expensive vehicles but there is a point when it doesn't make sense to get a vehicle under optioned and try to install them later.  

• Thanks 1

I still don't understand how adding steering wheel controls either hasn't or cant be done. That's my biggest buyers remorse I would say in getting the custom trim. When I had a MK6 VW I was able to swap the BCM and add a different steering wheel from higher trim and ignorantly assumed I could do the same with the Chevy.

yes always get options from manufacturer....it so much easier and usually they don't really charge much for them unless you have to get other items to get stuff you want.....

ill never buy another without stuff I want on inside

my only regrets on my current ride is not getting bucket seats, the plugs in cab and bed, and premium infotainment.....so basically the conv 2 package....it would cost way more to add these now than it would have to just buy conv 2 pkg for $1300....

this and not getting a 2500 instead of 1500 but that's another story, lol

I was really close to buying a custom trailboss, for what i want and need I would have been really bummed if I did

Edited by Dunn

6 hours ago, Dunn said:

I was really close to buying a custom trailboss, for what i want and need I would have been really bummed if I did

That's what is okay. From what I gather its basically just a 2" factory lift and different wheels and tires, definitely something you can do later on.  Yeah, I think the grill is  a little different too, but no biggie.

Edited by psk256

hard to add interior features but very easy to add suspension and tires....was genius marketing strategy though by GM

I was so stuck on how well it looked I almost overlooked the reality of truck.....

I have done a little research on this site, and I talked to a buddy that works at a GM dealership about adding things like the extra cameras. He basically told me that if the truck wasn't built with them you're out of luck unless you go aftermarket. This coincides with what I've read on here and other forums. Simple things like extra USB ports can be added because they only require a 12V source.

1 hour ago, Jason Dunaway said:

I have done a little research on this site, and I talked to a buddy that works at a GM dealership about adding things like the extra cameras. He basically told me that if the truck wasn't built with them you're out of luck unless you go aftermarket. This coincides with what I've read on here and other forums. Simple things like extra USB ports can be added because they only require a 12V source.

Yep

If it's not on there from the factory, it's impossible to upgrade later. I found that out the hard way myself.

Extra USB is easy. Amazon has a lot of options. 

I added 4 high speed chargers in the rear for my 3 kids. 

20191103_164159.jpg