Anyone lift their 3.0 Duramax?

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, N2HighVoltage said:

Well...I got tired of waiting on BDS and went another direction. FOX just released some new 2.5" Coilovers that raise the front about 3.5". I was able to get my hands on a pair thanks to Dirt Kings in San Diego. I did not want that cali lean so I also added a Deaver mini pack to the rear for 1.5"-2" of rear lift. The new FOX 2.5" rears are not available yet so just installed the 2.0 ones for now. I will say this...the ride is amazing...sucks up the bumps for sure. I'm not a hard core off road guy...but this thing rides sweet! I thought the factory 20" wheels rode kinda rough...and that is gone now. I am debating on wheels and tires but will have those in the next week or so I hope. I would love to run a 35" but may go with a 34x11.50 to reduce the required trimming. Anyway...Hope this helps others

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Do you remember if you had the composite leafs? I do, and some places say you have to remove the wedge under the spring. did you have that? Rough country lift, which i'm getting, has no mention of the wedge and their response was "every truck is different"

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2021 at 9:35 PM, 22_AT4 said:

Has anyone used the GM 2” lift?

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/performance/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?vin=3GCUYDET5MG199410&categoryId=12009
Lift Suspension Upgrade System for 4WD Vehicles

Part No. : 84768243

dealer says it’s not compatible with the 3.0 but the site states that the steel leaf springs are required.  

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/steel-leaf-spring-kit-84768245?vin=3GCUYDET5MG199410

Steel Leaf Spring Kit

Part No. : 84768245

I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited SLT 3.0 Crew Cab 4x4 and the dealer installed that GM factory 2 inch lift kit. Its 100% same components that give the AT4 & Trail Boss lift. In my opinion now, I would not go that route. Spend $2.5k and go with the Cognito 3 inch kit or $3.5k for the BDS 3.5 inch kit. Both kits are 100% complete with everything needed to lift & level front to back. It cost more but I'm now looking at taking off the cheap GM/Ranchos for either the Cognito/Elkas or the BDS/Fox set up. Its the best way to lift and level this truck (without going taller) and comes with new UCAs and high-quality shocks on all 4. Pro install for these kits runs about $900 including alignment. Food for thought. The truck as is has a great street ride but off road its...well... lacking proper damping and front travel. The nose down rake I hate and both kits I noted will eliminate the rake as well according to both Cognito and BDS, I can run the EO stock wheel/tires 275-60-20. 

I've spent months reserahcing this, Youtube, online rags and talking to both authorized distributors/installers and the manufacture Techline. Hope this helps.