Anyone lift their 3.0 Duramax?

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Elevation with the 3.0 Diesel and really love this truck. So far I have added the Katzkin Leather and AMP Power steps.I really want to install a 6” BDS kit on this thing but sounds like that kit might not be available for a few more months. Looks like they need to redesign the front skid plate and add a Transmission line drop bracket...so I have been looking at other options.

I have looked at the 3.5” UCA / Coil Over kits  (CST, ICON,FABTECH & RC) but really leaning towards the 6” kit. What I like about these kits is not having the LARGE rear blocks and having coil overs right out the gate. I do plan to upgrade the 6” kit later on to coil overs...just not right away. O...I did speak to FOX and they will be releasing a 2.5 series front Coil Over that will allow 3.5” of lift in the front for this truck very soon...Just need to add new UCA and rear block or spring. As I’m writing this I’m wondering if this 3.5” systems is actually a better preforming kit?  Anyway...

Their are three company's that say the kit will work...does anyone have any experience with these lifts? 

CST: 

https://cstsuspension.com/shop/chevy/4wd/19-up-chevy-gmc-1500-4wd/csk-g22-1-2019-gm-1500-4wd-7-stage-1-suspension-system/ 

COGNITO:

https://cognitomotorsports.com/i-30499432-cognito-4-6-front-suspension-lift-kit-gm.html#!submodel%3DTRUCK||model%3D1500||make%3DGM||year%3D2019 

FABTECH:

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/6-basic-system-w-rear-stealth-shocks-k1132m/ 

Or...just wait for the BDS kit because they really are that great of a kit?

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Elevation with the 3.0 Diesel and really love this truck. So far I have added the Katzkin Leather and AMP Power steps.I really want to install a 6” BDS kit on this thing but sounds like that kit might not be available for a few more months. Looks like they need to redesign the front skid plate and add a Transmission line drop bracket...so I have been looking at other options.

I have looked at the 3.5” UCA / Coil Over kits  (CST, ICON,FABTECH & RC) but really leaning towards the 6” kit. What I like about these kits is not having the LARGE rear blocks and having coil overs right out the gate. I do plan to upgrade the 6” kit later on to coil overs...just not right away. O...I did speak to FOX and they will be releasing a 2.5 series front Coil Over that will allow 3.5” of lift in the front for this truck very soon...Just need to add new UCA and rear block or spring. As I’m writing this I’m wondering if this 3.5” systems is actually a better preforming kit?  Anyway...

Their are three company's that say the kit will work...does anyone have any experience with these lifts? 

CST: 
https://cstsuspension.com/shop/chevy/4wd/19-up-chevy-gmc-1500-4wd/csk-g22-1-2019-gm-1500-4wd-7-stage-1-suspension-system/ 

COGNITO:
https://cognitomotorsports.com/i-30499432-cognito-4-6-front-suspension-lift-kit-gm.html#!submodel%3DTRUCK||model%3D1500||make%3DGM||year%3D2019 

FABTECH:
https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/6-basic-system-w-rear-stealth-shocks-k1132m/ 

Or...just wait for the BDS kit because they really are that great of a kit?
my understanding on GMC is that a 4 inch lift is only good for a 33 inch tire.

which you currently already have with the 20s

and that is 6 inch lift is required for the 35 because of the wheel well size.

many GMC owners are also commenting on the actual width left to right of the truck in the wheel well is very narrow.

I have the same truck, how much did the katzkins cost?? Had the truck 3 weeks and it's pretty clear it's gonna need leather.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Well...I got tired of waiting on BDS and went another direction. FOX just released some new 2.5" Coilovers that raise the front about 3.5". I was able to get my hands on a pair thanks to Dirt Kings in San Diego. I did not want that cali lean so I also added a Deaver mini pack to the rear for 1.5"-2" of rear lift. The new FOX 2.5" rears are not available yet so just installed the 2.0 ones for now. I will say this...the ride is amazing...sucks up the bumps for sure. I'm not a hard core off road guy...but this thing rides sweet! I thought the factory 20" wheels rode kinda rough...and that is gone now. I am debating on wheels and tires but will have those in the next week or so I hope. I would love to run a 35" but may go with a 34x11.50 to reduce the required trimming. Anyway...Hope this helps others

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

Truck looks great, and I can image it rides like a dream.  I really like those Deavers, but I need an overload for towing

I thought about that as well..When I called Denver they said they can custom make a leaf pack that is suitable for towing as well. I’m just not towing anything right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone used the GM 2” lift?

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/performance/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?vin=3GCUYDET5MG199410&categoryId=12009
Lift Suspension Upgrade System for 4WD Vehicles

Part No. : 84768243

dealer says it’s not compatible with the 3.0 but the site states that the steel leaf springs are required.  

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/steel-leaf-spring-kit-84768245?vin=3GCUYDET5MG199410

Steel Leaf Spring Kit

Part No. : 84768245

3 hours ago, 2019_Summit said:

dealer says it’s not compatible with the 3.0

The dealer is misinformed. I have the 3.0 and my dealer installed the 2" kit. The limitation has nothing to do with whether the vehicle is equiped with the 3.0.  The kit is incompatible if the truck is a regular cab, Trail Boss (duh), max trailering,  snow plow prep, or has composite rear leaf springs.  That description on the chevy accessories site is poorly written.  If you have composite leaf springs you can replace them with the steel ones and then add the 2" kit. That is getting really expensive though.   Do a search on this site.  There are plenty of discussions on the 2" kit and composite leaf springs.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 11:49 PM, Kchampagne said:

The dealer is misinformed. I have the 3.0 and my dealer installed the 2" kit. The limitation has nothing to do with whether the vehicle is equiped with the 3.0.  The kit is incompatible if the truck is a regular cab, Trail Boss (duh), max trailering,  snow plow prep, or has composite rear leaf springs.  That description on the chevy accessories site is poorly written.  If you have composite leaf springs you can replace them with the steel ones and then add the 2" kit. That is getting really expensive though.   Do a search on this site.  There are plenty of discussions on the 2" kit and composite leaf springs.

Did your 3.0 have the composite springs?  I called another dealer and they were aware of the steel springs that were needed to install the 2”.  Have you had any issues or regrets?