Installing amp steps. Need opinions/experience.

Well, it depends. I guess a lot of people didn’t get the holes I used which is unfortunate. My second to last set of holes is placed perfectly. Maybe 6” in front of the rearmost holes, and nowhere near as far forward as the ones I’ve seen some people use. That to me just looks terrible.

DB618CD4-CB03-41D5-8C6B-0AA1EFA01784.thumb.jpeg.0ba5064a87615633c0704bd447a993ef.jpegC022778A-0176-44FB-97C3-1EBC72DA0FF4.thumb.jpeg.17c4037451c92c95a60a8bb4b5a3a57b.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Mine, unfortunately, are at the 33 inch mark but I think that leaves too much step behind the linkage. Think I’m gonna move them to the last holes tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Might have to give the cab mount on the frame a little haircut then. The hinge will hit it in the furthest holes.

Might have to give the cab mount on the frame a little haircut then. The hinge will hit it in the furthest holes.

Dammit I see what you mean.

I wonder why there are variations to the mounting holes. Maybe differently spec’d OEM steps? Mine came with the “fancy” off road style.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:23 PM, OnTheReel said:

Well, it depends. I guess a lot of people didn’t get the holes I used which is unfortunate. My second to last set of holes is placed perfectly. Maybe 6” in front of the rearmost holes, and nowhere near as far forward as the ones I’ve seen some people use. That to me just looks terrible.

DB618CD4-CB03-41D5-8C6B-0AA1EFA01784.thumb.jpeg.0ba5064a87615633c0704bd447a993ef.jpegC022778A-0176-44FB-97C3-1EBC72DA0FF4.thumb.jpeg.17c4037451c92c95a60a8bb4b5a3a57b.jpeg

Been looking at these for a while and watching the install videos. Appreciate the heads up specific to T1s. Will have to check my setup. Sounds like a lottery 

I used the last set of holes for my install and the Amp rotating arm did hit the frame brace on both sides. My only other set was 30 inches away and looks terrible.  Used a dremel and cut an angled piece off of the brace and now it clears by about 1/8 inch.

When they touched, they would transmit noise into the truck when driving slow.

Since trimming, nice and quiet.

Love the Amp steps.

I used the last set of holes for my install and the Amp rotating arm did hit the frame brace on both sides. My only other set was 30 inches away and looks terrible.  Used a dremel and cut an angled piece off of the brace and now it clears by about 1/8 inch.

When they touched, they would transmit noise into the truck when driving slow.

Since trimming, nice and quiet.

Love the Amp steps.

I think I may notch them out as well.

As for the different spacing when retracted: I found that the drivers side linkages are missing the rubber snubber cushioning knobs on them that the passenger side DOES have.

Can anyone check to see if both sides have or don’t have them?

I called amp. The dude basically said I was too dumb to know where the snubbers are in the drivers side and he could “guarantee” they’re there. After I told him I can see an empty hole that’s threaded for a screw he said “oh well I guess they were left out. No ****** Sherlock, that’s what I said. He did not offer to send me any. Best customer service award goes to amp research!

That’s a bummer. One of my boards came dented. I emailed them pics and they sent a new one out right away without question. Try emailing them with pics of the missing part.

That’s a bummer. One of my boards came dented. I emailed them pics and they sent a new one out right away without question. Try emailing them with pics of the missing part.

One of mine has a small little dent. Did they make you send it back?

6 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

One of mine has a small little dent. Did they make you send it back?

Nope, it’s sitting in my attic as a backup in case one ever gets seriously mangled.