Flat towing battery disconnect

Just purchased a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4 (with the transfer case with neutral setting) and soon will be setting it up to flat tow behind a motorhome.
Has anyone towed one of these or have any insight or things I should know. Any caveats?
I am aware that the installation of the base plate is a little tricky, and requires some cutting, which is ok.

My other question is when actually towing. I have heard some people saying on the forums about the electronic transfer case control having issues with not going into neutral or getting stuck in neutral. But these posts were back in 2015, so has this been corrected by now?

Additionally, the manual says the battery must be disconnected, or else damage might be caused. I was going to ask if anyone has any experience to know is there a specific reason to disconnect the battery other than having the steering wheel unlocked. I have heard it could have to do with the electronic transfer case control coming out of neutral while towing, but does anyone have any experience that would back this up. Because it doesnt make sense why it would come out of neutral.
There's a fuse for the electronic steering lock (it has the push button start) so I can remove that fuse to keep the steering wheel unlocked so I wouldn't need to disconnect the battery for that reason, but I am wondering what other reasons there might be for disconnecting the battery, just out of curiosity.  Does anyone know exactly?  Ideally I would like to be able to tow it without disconnecting the battery, so would be great to find out why it needs to be disconnected to see if there are any other loopholes.

Any insights from those who tow this vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...