Has anyone "relearned" their TMPS when they put new wheels/tires on their truck? If so is there a specific sequence to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes , have done it and do you have relearn tool......front driver, front pass, back pass. and back driver....should hear horn double beep if successful!    I bought a relearn tool on amazon.....cheap and it works!

Yes , have done it and do you have relearn tool......front driver, front pass, back pass. and back driver....should hear horn double beep if successful!    I bought a relearn tool on amazon.....cheap and it works!

Okay, I bought the tool on amazon recommended from previous posts on the forums. I just was never able to locate the how to. If you wouldn't mind

1)Mount new wheels
2)then go wheel to wheel and press the button to relearn?
3) nothing in the dlc I need to select?

Thanks in advance.

You do have to put it in relearn mode from the DIC. It’s the same process as this vid for the last gen.

This is the tool I bought. There’s like 100 different listings for the same basic unit so I don’t think it matters.

2020 gm tpms relearn tool,OEC T5 Super EL-50448 Auto Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor 315MHZ and 433MHz Car Tyre Compatible for GM Series Vehicle,Tire Sensor Reset Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X477966/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xBkTEbE97T76S

• Like 1

Yes go to tire monitor in DIC and once there press  and keep press until relearn is activated......once outside if you have cheaper relearn tool DO NOT AIM at valve stem, go to edge of rim and aim at inside sensor. Once it relearn that sensor the horn will beep once and go to pass front as stated...… if truck is equipped with right sensors( did you change them?) if truck is near go try it and update me.....  thanks!                         GH

Yes go to tire monitor in DIC and once there press  and keep press until relearn is activated......once outside if you have cheaper relearn tool DO NOT AIM at valve stem, go to edge of rim and aim at inside sensor. Once it relearn that sensor the horn will beep once and go to pass front as stated...… if truck is equipped with right sensors( did you change them?) if truck is near go try it and update me.....  thanks!                         GH

Awesome thank you. Yeah I have a set of fuel wheels and tires on the way with new sensors mounted within. I double checked to get the correct ones mounted. I just was unsure on the process. Thank you, big help!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlackRST said:

Has anyone "relearned" their TMPS when they put new wheels/tires on their truck? If so is there a specific sequence to do so?

Thanks in advance.

need the relearn tool. Its like $15 and super easy to use. Turn aux power on with engine off, bring up the tire pressure screen, press and hold the check mark button for approx 5 seconds. “Tpms relearn” will display and your left front marker light will be on. Place the tool below the valve stem and press the button. You will hear a honk, then go to the passenger front and do the same. Once you finish all 4 you will hear 2 honks and you are all done.  You have 5mins to complete it before it times out.  Shouldnt take anymore then 1min. 

Edited by Snakes709
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BlackRST said:

If you have relearn tool, give it a try with oem wheels...just for a tryout!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I mounted my new wheels/tires. I'll be damned if I could get the scan tool to work. But I hit the dlc it said relearning and it honked twice and I haven't had any issues with the sensors they're reading fine.

Update: Went to the Chevy dealer and had them try and relearn the sensors with their scan tool. It wasn't even registering on their tool. After contacting realtruck.com they said they were having issues with the sensors "falling asleep" in transit. I was told to lower the pressure to 24 then raise it back up in each wheel to trick them into waking up. Yeah....no luck so now i wait. 

Side note: its unreal trying to get a solid answer on whats a good PSI for the nitto ridge grapplers. 

Bummer. Frankly I would just have the OEM sensors moved over or buy another set of factory ones on eBay. Not even worth the time wasted on aftermarket sensors. 

Which is actually what I think I'm leaning towards. I'm waiting to hear back from my sales guy tomorrow. They'll Comp me the price of a mount and rebalance. So now I'm just waiting to see what I'm going to do with the sensors. I'm getting a quote from the dealer on 4 new ones as well to present to them haha.

• 2 years later...