2018 Silverado Double Cab aftermarket speaker build with stock 8” headunit (Non Bose)

I know there’s probably tons of threads around about this but hope for some feedback. I have a 18’ Silverado double cab with the non Bose speakers. Not happy with the speakers at all and I’m wondering if anyone has replaced all the speakers and added an amp to power them, how did you go about this and what did you install? I currently have a 12” Alpine r-type in a ported box sitting on the back seats, used a cheap Scosche loc to get signal from the passenger side rear speaker and running rcas to mono amp from that but just upgraded to a Lc2i for a cleaner setup. 

I haven't done it yet but LLJ customs makes a harness for installing a LC7i into our trucks(mine doesn't have bose but they make bose harnesses too) ... im gonna run the lc7i(basically a lc2i with 6 outputs instead of 2) and a 4ch and a sub amp and gonna try like hell to stuff 4 8s under the rear seat ... the LLJ harness is super nice but customer service is slow and time is slow aswell in my experience. 

Do any of you know the size of the speakers in the doors? I have 1 blown speaker and I'm thinking about replacing all 4 door speakers but can't seem to pinpoint the proper sizing without taking off the doors and looking for myself.

4 minutes ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Do any of you know the size of the speakers in the doors? I have 1 blown speaker and I'm thinking about replacing all 4 door speakers but can't seem to pinpoint the proper sizing without taking off the doors and looking for myself.

Try this https://www.crutchfield.com/car/carselector.aspx?lp=%2fcar%2foutfitmycar%2fmycar.aspx

:)

21 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Yeah, unfortunately, Crutchfield isn't much help. For example, it shows me 6-1/2", 6-3/4", and 6x9 for the front doors. Obviously that didn't help me with my question, haha. Pretty sure the fronts are 6x9 in my truck when I took off the doors for the power folding mirror conversion.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Yeah, unfortunately, Crutchfield isn't much help. For example, it shows me 6-1/2", 6-3/4", and 6x9 for the front doors. Obviously that didn't help me with my question, haha. Pretty sure the fronts are 6x9 in my truck when I took off the doors for the power folding mirror conversion.

Front doors are 6x9 but you can fit the other sizes with adapter plates, that's why they list all sizes and I think they do it on purpose to confuse you more also. The rear doors are 6.5" if I'm not mistaking and don't forget the 2.5" or 3" in the dash. 

Front doors are 6x9 but you can fit the other sizes with adapter plates, that's why they list all sizes and I think they do it on purpose to confuse you more also. The rear doors are 6.5" if I'm not mistaking and don't forget the 2.5" or 3" in the dash. 
Thanks! I already ordered 2.75's for the dash and 6.5's for the doors with accommodating Metra and Scoshe adapters for all 4 doors. Super excited. Speakers were actually delivered yesterday but I'm waiting on a harness to save the OEM clips that connect to the door speakers. Probably not necessary but it can't hurt, right?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk