2016 ltz 6.6

Hello all. Currently own a 2014 sierra 1500 crew 6.2L I found a 2016 3500 LTZ crew dually with the 6.6 turbo diesel with 79k on the odometer. Asking price is $45k at a dealer. It has 2 owners. It's an awesome looking truck but not sure about price and going from a gasser with only 39k on the odometer to a diesel with 79k on the odometer. We are in the market for a camper so this would be perfect. Looking for advice. Never owned a diesel I'm sure 79k on odometer is probably low miles for a diesel. Anything to look out for? Thanks for any help/info

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Hello all. Currently own a 2014 sierra 1500 crew 6.2L I found a 2016 3500 LTZ crew dually with the 6.6 turbo diesel with 79k on the odometer. Asking price is $45k at a dealer. It has 2 owners. It's an awesome looking truck but not sure about price and going from a gasser with only 39k on the odometer to a diesel with 79k on the odometer. We are in the market for a camper so this would be perfect. Looking for advice. Never owned a diesel I'm sure 79k on odometer is probably low miles for a diesel. Anything to look out for? Thanks for any help/info

Also looking at same truck but not a dually and it's a 2015 3500 w/56k. Wouldn't be a daily driver. My current 1500 has only got 3k miles put on in almost 4 years

I was in the same boat as you this time last year.

I had a 2018 Sierra denali 1500 6.2 with 15k miles on it, and needed to upgrade to accommodate an unexpected travel trailer upgrade.

I end up traded my 1500 in for a used 2018 Sierra 2500 Denali with 40k miles on it. Asking was 55k, but I got them down 50k.

I've owned several GM gassers over the years, buy this is my first diesel. All I can say is, Wow! The 6.6 duramax is awesome. Pulls my 10k lbs TT through the mountains with ease.

I now have 53k miles on it and it runs beautifully. I've heard a well-maintained Duramax can run between 200-250k miles, if not more.

As for asking price, 45k seems a little high. I would check kbb and edmunds.

If I can give any advice, I would ask the dealership to do a full diesel oil change/filter swap and top off the DEF tank. One of the drawbacks to the diesel is maintenance is costly, but if done properly can run forever.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Supply-demand may be an issue with price negotiation, but I agree $45k seems high. Then again, I see them around here with over 150k miles for $30k.

Diesels are great for towing daily. I didn't see the need, so stuck with gas. We had an "unexpected trailer upgrade" this year. Already owned the gas 2500 Denali. Nice looking combo JG.

either way - you will see a HUGE difference in towing/stability with the HD pickup over a 1500. I'll never go back to a half-ton.