Rear diff cover gasket

Just wondering if anyone has bought aftermarket rear diff cover gaskets. Where they bought it from and they're experience with it. I know the factory one is re-usable but I would like to have one extra on hand. I'm in Canada. Dealer wants 43 plus tax for one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I never reuse gaskets. Ever. The price savings on a gasket isn’t worth the labor to replace it again, and ya gotta figure the rubber is already starting to heat-harden. IIRC I got mine from either Advance or rock Auto, not nearly that expensive. Very cheap IIRC. You could even forego a gasket like a stock a Ford and just use RTV (I always use a gasket). 

7 hours ago, Cwildman said:

Just wondering if anyone has bought aftermarket rear diff cover gaskets. Where they bought it from and they're experience with it. I know the factory one is re-usable but I would like to have one extra on hand. I'm in Canada. Dealer wants 43 plus tax for one.

@Cwildman......1st off, do you know what real differential you have? GM put a couple different housing in these trucks. Check the number of bolts holding the cover on to start with so you know which one fits. Personally, of all the cars I've had over the last 50+ years, I never had a rear differential gasket go bad & leak. The only reason you's need a spare is if you plan to remove the cover to drain the fluid. That's when you want to replace it. Rock auto has several brands to choose from. Also you can go online & order from gmpartsnow. For my vin they show (2) different differentials; so you need to know what yours is. This place only sells GM parts, here about $22 + shipping.

Hope this helps.

@Cwildman......1st off, do you know what real differential you have? GM put a couple different housing in these trucks. Check the number of bolts holding the cover on to start with so you know which one fits. Personally, of all the cars I've had over the last 50+ years, I never had a rear differential gasket go bad & leak. The only reason you's need a spare is if you plan to remove the cover to drain the fluid. That's when you want to replace it. Rock auto has several brands to choose from. Also you can go online & order from gmpartsnow. For my vin they show (2) different differentials; so you need to know what yours is. This place only sells GM parts, here about $22 + shipping.
Hope this helps.
Hi thanks for the info guys. Yes 9.5 ring gear 14 bolt. I put yukon 4.10 gears in last year. As per their instruction I changed diff fluid after first 5-700 km. A yr later and I am going to change diff fluid again just so I can inspect and put some fresh oil again. After this I won't change it until necessary. I plan on keeping the truck for a while so I try and be proactive with maintenance.