Bike carrier/pad with multipro tailgate

I finally got the RaceFace T2 pad. Fits pretty good, lots of adjustment in the straps for the varying thickness of the top of tailgate. I need to adjust the opening on the pad for the backup camera some more because the pad eats into some of the left side of my view. On the tailgate latch itself, the camera appears to be on the left side of the latch but I don't know what the other camera-looking thing is on the right side of the latch - does anyone know? I'm new to backup cams.

IMG-8538.JPG

Edited by Rocky-X

• 3 months later...

So does the Thule gatemate pro hold bikes securely with a multipro tailgate?  I have a Dakine pad from my 2016 high country which worked great, but this multipro tailgate is so much thicker Dakine doesn’t work.  Got a 2021 Denali with multipro gate.  Nobody has one in stock to try unfortunately, little apprehensive to buy online without trying first.  Needs to haul both carbon fibre and aluminum framed mountain bikes.  Trek slash 9.8, giant reign etc.  Thanks in advance for your help!

One up rack. Easy install, easy to use. Up to 4 bikes with add-ons.

Downfall is the rack blocks the license plate when it’s in its “stored” position (pretty much completely). I may figure out some work-around to this eventually. Easy enough to remove though.

9B765CBF-718F-4FF4-BDD4-A68DB6772996.jpeg

Edited by Delson0

• 9 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 11:38 PM, BWS said:

I have a '19 Sierra SLT with the multipro tailgate and i'm looking for the best option for a bike pad/carrier/protector for the tailgate. Looks like GM partners with Thule for their Gatemate Pro here. Does anyone have experience using this with the Multipro? Some reviews I've read say that it does a poor job fitting mountain bikes due to lack of adjustment on downtube straps for the bikes. What other options have people found to carry your bikes over the tailgate for the newer generation Sierras? I'm currently using blankets and cardboard, but want a better longterm solution. I also have a hitch-mount carrier for longer trips when the bed is full, but would like to find the best option for easy transport to our local trails. Thanks for your input!

If you have to carry multiple bikes and do not want to spend a fortune carrying each bike, Gatekeeper tailgate pad from Yakima truck bed bike racks is the one you need. The rack is built from a rugged nylon on the outside which resists abrasion and weather damage. Inside it has the exra soft backing which protects your bike and your trucks paint job. The large Yakima gatekeeper can carry six bike while the medium one can carry 5 bikes at the same time. It’s an easy to install rack. You just have to hang it on your tailgate, line it up and thread the straps, have fun; weighs 6.00lbs and fits mid-size and some older full-size truck

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 11:38 PM, BWS said:

I have a '19 Sierra SLT with the multipro tailgate and i'm looking for the best option for a bike pad/carrier/protector for the tailgate. Looks like GM partners with Thule for their Gatemate Pro here. Does anyone have experience using this with the Multipro? Some reviews I've read say that it does a poor job fitting mountain bikes due to lack of adjustment on downtube straps for the bikes. What other options have people found to carry your bikes over the tailgate for the newer generation Sierras? I'm currently using blankets and cardboard, but want a better longterm solution. I also have a hitch-mount carrier for longer trips when the bed is full, but would like to find the best option for easy transport to our local trails. Thanks for your input!

Okay so i read through some bike rack (RAV4) options here. Might be helpful. It has reviews and also might help with your question on Gatemate Pro (check the spare tire bike rack as well