Picked up my new 2020 work truck Saturday. Traded in a 2012 LT with a 6.0 and 159,000 miles. Today it has about 350 miles on it. When warm and driving down the road it is holding about

35 PSI oil pressure. This seems a little low to me or is this normal?  Also, transmission temp seems to be running higher than my 12’ did. Around 175 cruising. I bought this truck to tow a camper out west in a couple months. What temperature should I expect while towing?  What is too hot?

I just checked a video of mine running 70 mph on the highway and the oil pressure needle is right in the middle between 30 and 60 psi. At idle mine is around 35 psi. Both times at normal engine temp of 210 degrees F.

I'd have to check the trans temp.

Your temps and oil psi seem normal. These transmissions now have a thermostat in them, so while they may run a tad warmer than previous generations, the temperature range stays cosistent. My transmission temp when pulling our 5th wheel is usually in the 195-198 range. Once or twice it's gotten to 200 or 201, depending on conditions.

• Thanks 1

Sounds normal. Haven't towed anything yet, but my cruising temps are about the same. Hoping to get the boat hooked up this month (about 5000lb dry). Not ready for the water just yet. I'm thinking even governed to the higher temp, this tranny shouldnt even blink. 

• Thanks 1

I have towed a 12k fiver about half of the 10k I have on my gasser and have seen just over 200 for a high on trans temp at about 85 degree ambient. Oil pump is variable and your numbers are normal. It will go down in 20 psi range in certain circumstances and as high as 60 in others.

• Thanks 1

On my 2019 RST, 5.3 8spd 2wd (Mid Level infotainment dash) I don't seem to be able to get to the transmission temperature screen. Anyone have any insight as to what I need to do the see that screen? Truck tows fine, just want to see the trans temp.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Bobv07662 said:

On my 2019 RST, 5.3 8spd 2wd (Mid Level infotainment dash) I don't seem to be able to get to the transmission temperature screen. Anyone have any insight as to what I need to do the see that screen? Truck tows fine, just want to see the trans temp.

Thanks.

If you can't see it by adding that screen in your settings menu, I'm not sure where else to look. I know on the digital screens, the voltage gauge changes to trans temp when put in Tow/Haul mode.

I checked my transmission temps the past few days and one day it was 167 degrees when I got home after a 15 minute drive and 90 degrees ambient temp, the next day a few degrees cooler with cooler ambient temp. Yesterday I drove it farther and it got up to 180 degrees when I got home.

• 1 month later...

I went into the menu screen and to my surprise the option for adding the transmission temp page was there! It must have been added during one of the multiple satellite downloads the truck has seen since since I picked it in September of 18.

• 2 months later...

If you are in a warm climate I would enthusiastically recommend the transmission thermostat bypass modification. It is well documented on YouTube and is very simple to do if you are mechanically inclined. It provides for full time flow to the transmission cooler and eliminates the bypass.