3.0L Owners Lets Talk About Filling The Def Tank the Easy Way..

First of all FYI your truck will take 2.5 gallons of Def when the first three bars are no longer illuminated. When I last tried to get DEF into the tank the spout dripped and dripped and ruined my shoes. I found this battery operated pump on eBay for less than $10 and it’s worth it’s weight in gold. In less than 2 minutes the entire jug of DEF was dispensed with ZERO Drama!  Silicone seal the hose part to the unit to ensure leak free operation.  Just put battery operated liquid transfer pump in the eBay search window. Find the cheapest one they are mostly all the same. Also the truck has used 5 gallons of DEF in 7500 miles.

208099B1-E879-4D9C-A6C7-A0E2AF0F6A96.png

Edited by ILSilverado
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

If you have a truck stop nearby, you can fill up with DEF right there at the pumps using their nozzle. 

I was told it’s better to buy at the store because of possible contamination issues. Maybe true maybe not but I can also buy the DEF cheaper at the Farm and Fleet store too.

5A8315F7-5908-4EE5-972B-1E29FE44D974.png

Edited by ILSilverado

If you have a Harbor Freight close by they have them at the store for 10 bucks...maybe could use coupon and get one cheaper.

https://www.harborfreight.com/battery-operated-liquid-transfer-pump-63847.html?_br_psugg_q=battery+transfer+pump

I have one that I transfer diesel into my farm tractor and also regular gas into my zero turn.  Best thing I ever got.  pumps about 5 gallons in a couple of minutes.  

49 minutes ago, bullet225ho said:

If you have a Harbor Freight close by they have them at the store for 10 bucks...maybe could use coupon and get one cheaper.

https://www.harborfreight.com/battery-operated-liquid-transfer-pump-63847.html?_br_psugg_q=battery+transfer+pump

I have one that I transfer diesel into my farm tractor and also regular gas into my zero turn.  Best thing I ever got.  pumps about 5 gallons in a couple of minutes.  

Even Better!