Diesel Fuel Additive

From  what I've been told?

No.   Don't use it.  

The 2-20% bio content is supposed to have enough lubricity and the additives won't do anything but speed up how fast the DPF plugs up.  

Some do, some don't. Some that do/did claim they had dpf trouble -- others say there was/is no problem.

I've never used additive in any of mine.

I also never buy fuel from discounters, which imo, are less likely to have a good additive package in their fuel. 

GM does offer one if you are concerned about your fuel source(s).

No doubt some of the aftermarket ones are just as good or better than what GM/Delco offers.

Lubricity study done 10 or so years ago found that some additives reduced rather than improved the lubricity.

One of the best at increasing lubricity was biofuel, as samuse posted.  Depending on where you are, biofuel may not be appropriate for winter months.

• 3 weeks later...

The owners manual recommends using "TopTier Fuel" from stations that are supposedly putting a specific type additive in the fuel/gasoline that meets these new standards for cleaner burning fuel that reduces carbon and keeps your fuel system cleaner. This just rolled out a few years ago and just know seeing more stations adopting this new standard. You usually see the logo on the pump or advertised at the station.

https://toptiergas.com/consumers/

You won't find top tier diesel in very many places right now.  That being said, I strongly recommend running an additive.   OptiLube seems to be the one of choice thus far from the people over at duramax forum.  I've been running it and no issues on my 08 and was running Diesel Kleen prior that, again no issues.  Injectors are super super expensive and the additives do help extend injector life.  Just what is suggested not more.