adding 360 surround view, UVI (Trailer Camera) package to UVS (Surround/invisible Trailer) Upgrade 2020 Silverado RST

4 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

You know what you could do... you could get a oem video mirror and  mount a rear view mirror camera in grille.  When you want to see front of truck you can toggle video mirror on.

Wow, that's an interesting thought. Is this the camera that highmounts in the CHMSL?  Does the camera tie directly into the mirror or is another processor box required?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently did this to my 2023 GMC at4hd.  I already had the bed camera so i found a great deal on a vpu that came out of a 2021 chevy 2500hd $54. I bought the front camera from ebay $53, a r-side camera, mount and lower mirror trim for the right side (you can buy every part for the mirror except the lower trim the cam mounts to its crazy) $100, and i bought a brand new damaged l-side mirror assembly that i stripped of parts i needed and some i will save as spare parts $150....i ordered the double Farka connectors from the site listed on this thread and the the same wires listed. I did drive around with only the front camera connected for a week or two and added the right side camera for a couple more weeks without any problems. Somebody told me this would not work and my screen would go blank but mine worked fine while i was waiting for a deal on missing parts. I have not programed my vcm yet... my local dealer will do it for 1hr labor (199.00)...I'm waiting because im a Acura tech and we just got a gm scan tool for the new ZDX (aka blazer ev)  I was told i should have full access to gm vehicles too so i will wait a see. Either way the camera angles are only off a bit and it even has my gmc truck on the screen not a chevy like i thought it would.

Now if only the trailer cameras where cheaper  id give that a try 

thanks for the people who started this worked great... if i can be any help ill try

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 5:59 PM, DanTerrapin said:

I am curious did the factory mirror wiring have the provisions for the camera or did you need to run additional wiring to them? 

If you don't have to do OEM, buy a 3  channel mirror dashcam and you can install the camera anywhere you want. I bought an el cheapo mirror on amazon that came with 3 cameras, I mounted one on the rear windows, one on the front windshield and the reverse camera was installed in the grill. This gives me a bed view as well as it acts as a video rear view mirror but the best part of it is now I have a camera at grill to help me park.