adding 360 surround view, UVI (Trailer Camera) package to UVS (Surround/invisible Trailer) Upgrade 2020 Silverado RST

On 12/3/2020 at 10:33 AM, fdagen said:

Thank you for the additional instructions.  I still hope to do this, but my truck does not have a VSP already, so wondering how much additional work that might be (as I am assuming some of the items already routed back behind the seat probably go straight to the radio in my truck).

Edited by Ben98gs

• 2 months later...

I am selling a VCM from a 2020 1500 LTZ short bed crew, regular mirrors on ebay if anyone is interested. If your truck matches that layout you wouldn't need programming.  Would consider selling cheaper outside of ebay.  Remember you need to have the bedview cam package UVI to successfully do this.  This module would probably only work on 2020 don't know about 2021 or 2019.  

3 minutes ago, romclean1 said:

Great write up!  what was the mirror w/camera part number and does it power fold in?   thanks.

not sure of part number but yes the fold and unfold with switch inside or key fob.  menus to select fold and memory options become unlocked in radio too once memory seat module is connected.

2 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

not sure of part number but yes the fold and unfold with switch inside or key fob.  menus to select fold and memory options become unlocked in radio too once memory seat module is connected.

Thanks,  I've got the tow mirrors now and I think I'm going to make the switch back to regular mirrors this summer,  I really like the 360 views I have, but the blind spots are a pita :).  power fold is a must to fit in garage

On 3/2/2021 at 9:54 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

I am selling a VCM from a 2020 1500 LTZ short bed crew, regular mirrors on ebay if anyone is interested. If your truck matches that layout you wouldn't need programming.  Would consider selling cheaper outside of ebay.  Remember you need to have the bedview cam package UVI to successfully do this.  This module would probably only work on 2020 don't know about 2021 or 2019.  

Can you DM me on what your part number is and how much?  Thanks.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:10 AM, Rally6.2RST said:

I have a 2020 Silverado RST.  I have the UVI trailer camera package (bed view, rear camera and 2 trailer camera provisions).  I really liked look of my RST and I really liked UVS (surround view with trailer camera package. 

I now have the UVS setup.

Buy List

-2 side view mirrors with cameras ($350 each)

-1 front view camera ($70) 84400532

-1 camera I used for rear ($70) 23390514

-1 video processing module 84743036 ($250) got this from a junk yard probably be $700 from dealer

-1 rg316d 15ft fakra code z female wire (segemart website) ($25)

-1 rg316 12ft fakra code z female wire(segemart website) ($25)

-1 rg316 17ft fakra code z female wire(segemart website) ($25)

-3 Two position female fakra z connectors ebay ($10)

Chris White from White Audio and Media Services programmed the module for me.

Module is behind rear passenger seat.

20200702_075311.jpg

20200702_093223.jpg

This may be a dumb question, but did you have the technology package, or trailer camera package before you started this?  Just talking with WAMS, (Chris) made it sound like if you didn't have one of those two, that it would be very difficult to complete this up-fit.  I have an LTZ, and amazingly I didn't notice that I don't have either unfortunately.  I don't trailer a bunch, but I would certainly like the 360 camera view.  Thanks. 

5 hours ago, John Kirby said:

This may be a dumb question, but did you have the technology package, or trailer camera package before you started this?  Just talking with WAMS, (Chris) made it sound like if you didn't have one of those two, that it would be very difficult to complete this up-fit.  I have an LTZ, and amazingly I didn't notice that I don't have either unfortunately.  I don't trailer a bunch, but I would certainly like the 360 camera view.  Thanks. 

Yes, you have to have the trailer cam package to complete this retrofit.  You know if you have the trailer cam package (UVI) if you have a camera in your high mount stop light but no video rear view mirror.

• 2 months later...

After installing front cam, mirrors and swapping VPM I had everything with 360 cameras working great except invisible trailer.  The radio app would not let me enter trailer dimensions so that VPM could calibrate correctly.  I bought WAMS wireless android radio/GPS and my invisible trailer app works now.  Just went camping this past weekend and everything works great just like from factory.  Calibrating is done by driving foward at about 12 mph for 30 seconds or so then the invisible trailer image appears.

20210507_121900.jpg

10 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

After installing front cam, mirrors and swapping VPM I had everything with 360 cameras working great except invisible trailer.  The radio app would not let me enter trailer dimensions so that VPM could calibrate correctly.  I bought WAMS wireless android radio/GPS and my invisible trailer app works now.  Just went camping this past weekend and everything works great just like from factory.  Calibrating is done by driving foward at about 12 mph for 30 seconds or so then the invisible trailer image appears.

Does the invisible camera view turn off after 15 seconds, or does it stay on the display until you turn it off, or some other event happens?

On 7/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

if no bed view cam you probably dont have a VPM or harness to do this.  on mine, for turn signal camera view to display automatically trailer has to be plugged in.

How will I know if I have a VPM or harness to do this mod? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jarett, I am trying to install the mirrors with the cameras in my 2020 sierra to give it the 360 surround. how did you wire in the cable for the cameras. It looks like on mine I have a cable in the door from the camera plug in the mirror harness. Do you know where this goes or does it dead-ends at the body connection?

I bought my video control module from you and the rear view display mirror. any help would be greatly apperciated.