MultiPro / aka Multi-Weak-Point Tailgate - Follow Up Solution

I found a great solution to the weight capacity limitations on the mid section of our tailgates after nearly breaking mine while loading an ATV (snapped and popped like crazy - definitely lucky it held). Our owner's manual calls for a support beam of some sort to be placed across the bed so heavy loads are spread to the outside section. I need to load with the center section up depending on where I need the ATV in the bed (side to side) and if I have my hitch on the truck.

I happened to find the Latch-n-Load while searching for ideas.  Funny thing is, the company is based right here in the town I live in (Oakdale, CA).  I drove out to the location and found the owner - he's a 1-man shop that does a lot of custom fabrication. Great guy and quite the inventor - has a patent on this.  I picked one up from him and modified how I use it to get it to the back of the tailgate.  I simply used the support arms to hold it in place and did not click it into the tailgate latches. Works perfectly and does not want to move around like a board or something not anchored.  As you will see if you check out his site, it does all kinds of other stuff as well.

https://tailgatetiedown.com/

Latch n Load.JPG

Edited by Tomato
  • Like 3

On paper I love the Multipro tailgate, I think its a super cool concept, but it almost feels cheap. I would have preferred an ordinary tailgate, but thats just me.

16 hours ago, gSwift said:

On paper I love the Multipro tailgate, I think its a super cool concept, but it almost feels cheap. I would have preferred an ordinary tailgate, but thats just me.

Totally agree.  The main feature I use is to drop the center when I need to get closer to the bed to load / unload.  Part of the reason I need that is due to the height of our trucks and the length of the tailgate.

• 3 months later...
On 7/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, Tomato said:

I found a great solution to the weight capacity limitations on the mid section of our tailgates after nearly breaking mine while loading an ATV (snapped and popped like crazy - definitely lucky it held). Our owner's manual calls for a support beam of some sort to be placed across the bed so heavy loads are spread to the outside section. I need to load with the center section up depending on where I need the ATV in the bed (side to side) and if I have my hitch on the truck.

I happened to find the Latch-n-Load while searching for ideas.  Funny thing is, the company is based right here in the town I live in (Oakdale, CA).  I drove out to the location and found the owner - he's a 1-man shop that does a lot of custom fabrication. Great guy and quite the inventor - has a patent on this.  I picked one up from him and modified how I use it to get it to the back of the tailgate.  I simply used the support arms to hold it in place and did not click it into the tailgate latches. Works perfectly and does not want to move around like a board or something not anchored.  As you will see if you check out his site, it does all kinds of other stuff as well.

https://tailgatetiedown.com/

Wonderful find! I think I know what's going on my Christmas list now.

I just made a bunch of trips to Menards hauling lumber home, this would have come in handy.

Edited by aseibel