Leveling w/ spacers vs. struts

I just purchased a 2020 Silverado 1500  and am looking to level it as the factory rake is offensive to my eyes.  From what I understand there appears to be two methods of achieving a level truck, adding spacers to the front struts or replacing the struts completely with ones that will achieve the level (Bilstein 5100s or similar). Wondering what the benefits/downsides of spacers vs. struts are besides the upfront cost. Also, I have heard that spacers can be bad for your truck over time. Any validity to this statement? Appreciate the help!

I just got one too.  RST/Z71 and although the raking doesn’t bother me as much as Sagging if towing or loading, I’m debating between Rough Country 3.5” with strut extension vs the GM Performance 2” since they supply the front axle to address droop ...      

I worry about spacers because they can break if you go off roading although the Readylift spacers were at the base of the strut instead of the top where things can go wrong 

1 hour ago, ranger54936 said:

I just purchased a 2020 Silverado 1500  and am looking to level it as the factory rake is offensive to my eyes.  From what I understand there appears to be two methods of achieving a level truck, adding spacers to the front struts or replacing the struts completely with ones that will achieve the level (Bilstein 5100s or similar). Wondering what the benefits/downsides of spacers vs. struts are besides the upfront cost. Also, I have heard that spacers can be bad for your truck over time. Any validity to this statement? Appreciate the help!

yep....pretty much covers it....just depends on whats acceptable or not to you personally