2014 GMC Sierra not cooling well

Howdy,

As the title states I am not getting nice cold air out of the vents. I measured vent temps and they are almost 70 degrees. On a 93 Degree day here in Texas.
Today I decided to evacuate the system, pull a vacuum that held , and then recharge to the correct amount of 21oz. Vent temps are still @ 70 degrees (85 degrees outside). The Low side pressure is 35 and High side is 192. The AC line going to evaporator is cold to the touch and sweating.
I did change the airflow from defrost to floor and those work ok - but it didn't get colder, The heat works great too. Not sure how to tell if it is a blend door issue. Has anyone blocked off the heater core?

thanks for any suggestions.

9 hours ago, robmaxfli said:

just in case this helps anyone, I was able to achieve 43 degrees out the vents after i bypassed the heater core. its 90 degrees outside here. I'm thinking about leaving it this way for the summer :)

What year is your truck?

Have you checked your condenser to see if it is leaking? Very well known problem with these trucks.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, MaverickZ71 said:

Common problem.  Lots of videos on Youtube on how to replace a blend door actuator.  

I wish there were more videos on replacing the left and or right vent actuators. Found one on youtube, short one that looks like a pain in the a** through the removed glove box opening. My left side a/c vents keep blowing warm air with the a/c on high. Comes out plenty cold on the passenger side vents. Most videos I saw on actuator replacement were on 2013 on down which are different.

• 4 weeks later...