recommend a good aftermarket audio system

i have the base stock am/FM radio and i am wanting to upgrade to a better unit what is a good brand and model number also i would need one that has built in GPS TIA

Edited by 94yj

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Crutchfield.com.  I've bought a lot of home and car stereo stuff from them.  They have great customer service - will get on the phone with you and help you figure out exactly what you need and also how to install it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paauto said:

Check out Crutchfield.com.  I've bought a lot of home and car stereo stuff from them.  They have great customer service - will get on the phone with you and help you figure out exactly what you need and also how to install it.

I agree.  I have purchased from them several things for the house and my 2002 Silverado.  We also purchased a new radio for our daughters 2012 Cruze and it was super easy to install.  Only had one issue and that was the steering wheel controls didn't work.  Called them on the phone and they talked me through how to get it to work.  Was a simple fix.  You get lifetime support.

• Like 1

Just a note, but Pioneer radios have a stupid warning dialog that appears EVERY time the radio is power-cycled...

The functionality of the radios are ok (I bought a 4000NEX 5 years ago for it's carplay support, and I liked the radio, but it didn't have this warning dialog), but it's seven seconds of stupid every time the radio powers up, and they have it for all their touch screen radios (at least, that's my understanding of it).  When the 4000NEX failed earlier this year in my truck (possibly a power spike from boosting/charging the truck, my battery was dying), I initially bought another similar Pioneer radio (AVH1500NEX), noticed the stupid dialog that appears every single time (and I go in/out of my truck sometimes 30+ times per day), returned it and got an Alpine iLX-W650 radio instead.  Same functionality, just no stupid warning dialogs.

• Like 1