My 2014 Silverado crew cab (115k miles) developed a very annoying rattle.  It sounds like it's coming from the center/upper dash area. It's most noticeable at low speed but occasionally it rattles even while idling.  I posted some videos where you can hear it clear.  Anyone experience this?  Know how to fix it?  Thanks!!!

Edited by Tim Marbach

I don't know if this is the same noise but, I had a rattle in my dash that was around my knees. You can take the lower dash pad off and there are 4 bolts that are loose.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

If you take the infotainment cover off, you can see several 7mm bolts you can check for tightness.  Also, get some foam and push it under both of the electronic boxes inside (one is your radio, not sure about the other one).  Do that, and also take your instrument cluster out where you can set it on the dash and tighten all of the bolts in there.

IMO, very poor quality work when they release a truck into production with loose screws.