Flickering Rear Camera

I have a 2019 RST and I have had issues with the backup camera flickering since about December of 2019. In February I had it in for an oil change and asked them to fix the camera while it was in. They said GM has recognized the issue but has not issued a fix for the issue yet.

At the start of July I called back and asked if they could fix it yet. They said yes. They replaced the camera but it did not fix the issue. They reached back out to GM for help. GM once again stated that they have recognized the issue but do not have a fix!? 

Anyone else run in to this? Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I have the same issue.  However,  Only happened twice since purchasing in May.  Dealer won't do anything since it can't be replicated.

My dealer has replicated it both times they have had it. I just got off the phone with them and they recommended that I open a case with GM

Edited by Hackney

The same, has the cheap radio and camera with zero issues.

With my 19 I removed the tailgate plastic cover and checked all the wires, tried un-plugging and plugging the camera back in, shaking wires while my wife held the brake in reverse to see if anything changed, followed the wires under the truck..... all kinds of stuff. I finally just ended up living with it since the dealer wouldn't do anything. Was super annoying. 

Thanks for the response. I was thinking it was a cable to or something with grounding. Looks like you covered that. It drives me crazy how bad the camera is. I can’t see at night and on top of that the damn fuzzy lines when I hit the brakes makes things even worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update.

I opened a case with GM, per my dealers instruction. They wanted to replace the camera module but GM would not give them the go ahead.

I filed the case a week ago and a lady called me today, she basically just apologized and told me they still don’t know how to fix it. I told her that was not acceptable to me as I’ve been told the same story since February. She was basically just like, “I’m really sorry, sir but I don’t know what to tell you.” 

beyond frustrated at this point.

Been through it all already with them. Call a lawyer is my advice. I had soo many issues and fell well within my lemon law and they still denied me. I lawyered up. Have them do all repairs. If they refuse, get it in writing. In the end they’ll still have to fix it if you win and when they have a fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk