Windshield Replacement - Any issues to look out for?

I'm getting my windshield replaced due to a crack, glass that is being used is a genuine GM replacement windshield.  It'll be replaced at the GMC dealer by their regular subcontractor that does a lot of windshields for them.

Other than the brand of glass used, has anyone had theirs replaced and anything to look out for / check when done or problems you ran into?    Any noticeable difference in wind noise after?

My truck does have the big windshield mounted sensor up behind the rear view mirror which probably makes it a bit more complex as well.

TIA

Mine cracked and the windshield place only needed to know if it had the sensor or not which I had as well. I believe it was a little more cost, (roughly $230 non gm dealer). No issues after the fact, other then a catching a rock a week later [emoji20]. Luckily it was the bottom right corner so it doesn't bug me. But the new one is holding up to that rock chip a year later.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike and GH - did either of you hear any difference in wind noise after the replacement?  Know it isn't luxury car quiet from the jump, but hoping not to add more noise to the equation.  I've only got 20K miles on my truck so the glass (other than the crack the dealer's mechanic put in it while changing my wiper blades) is in pretty good condition. 

I took pictures of the window surround inside and out, OEM glass label, placement of my EZPass Transponder and dashcam mount with a measuring tape (also printed this out for the installer) while I wait for the glass to arrive to I can compare before and after. 

dash.gif

Edited by dave_clt