2.5" Front and 2" Rear Leveling lift kit for 2019-2020 Chevy Silverad1500 MotoFab

Looking on here to see in anyone is running this kit?   

2.5" Front and 2" Rear Leveling lift kit for 2019-2020 Chevy Silverado Sierra GMC MotoFab

I am also considering he RC 2” level and the RC 3.5 lift. Trying to figure out what tires I can fit with a 2” level and the same for the 3.5”.

Post any pictures and tire size if you have them. Keeping my options open at this point. I do not want a full 6” lift (been there).  

80EC035C-CAA5-49F9-ABD9-0ED17256AB58.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I've got it on mine. No problems had it over 10K

You need to purchase the rear strut extenders from motofab otherwise you will get a nasty bang every bump. 

https://motofablifts.com/i-30558273-1999-2020-silverado-sierra-rear-shock-extensions-gm-1500-2wd-4wd-made-in-the-usa.html?ref=category:1390563

the front 2.5 kit is really 3"  and the rear 2.0 is really 2.5"  You'll be shocked at how high it actually is. 

I've got it on mine. No problems had it over 10K

You need to purchase the rear strut extenders from motofab otherwise you will get a nasty bang every bump. 
https://motofablifts.com/i-30558273-1999-2020-silverado-sierra-rear-shock-extensions-gm-1500-2wd-4wd-made-in-the-usa.html?ref=category:1390563

the front 2.5 kit is really 3"  and the rear 2.0 is really 2.5"  You'll be shocked at how high it actually is. 
My motofab 2.5/2 gave me exactly that, there is no way a 2" rear block gave you more than 2"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, ullose272 said:

My motofab 2.5/2 gave me exactly that, there is no way a 2" rear block gave you more than 2"

Well unless it was a mislabeled box my rear is higher than 2.0.  I think i'm going to measure when I get home. 

Potentially dumb question: is there any other hardware required for this? Can I simply install spacers in the front and blocks in the back and call it a day? That sounds too simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed the 2.5 top spacer on my 20 Sierra Crew Cab. I liked that you didn't have to disassemble the strut but had a hard time getting the mounting tab from the strut twisted enough to get the bolts to thread in on the first side. When I did the opposite side I used a large adjustable wrench to twist the bottom mounting tab angle to get the bolts to align. Made the install much easier.

I installed the spacer blocks from my 2014 in the rear. Think they were 1" or 1.25".

6000 miles and no problem so far!

Potentially dumb question: is there any other hardware required for this? Can I simply install spacers in the front and blocks in the back and call it a day? That sounds too simple.

Block kits come with u bolts so ya basically just put in the spacers and get it aligned. I wouldnt go more than 2.5" without upper control arms

Got it. If this is so simple and inexpensive, what advantage do the more expensive lift kits provide? Such as the GM 2" lift? I realize they include more hardware...but is it worth that much more money? Is it a better ride? I'm thinking this kit will get me a look close to an off-the-lot AT4, which is exactly what i'm looking for...nothing too crazy.

Do I not need replace the rear shocks with this setup? And, finally, is it def confirmed that we need to order the rear strut extenders? (they seem to out of stock)

Thanks again!

Matt

Got it. If this is so simple and inexpensive, what advantage do the more expensive lift kits provide? Such as the GM 2" lift? I realize they include more hardware...but is it worth that much more money? Is it a better ride? I'm thinking this kit will get me a look close to an off-the-lot AT4, which is exactly what i'm looking for...nothing too crazy.

Do I not need replace the rear shocks with this setup? And, finally, is it def confirmed that we need to order the rear strut extenders? (they seem to out of stock)

Thanks again!
Matt
Gm kits comes with different struts, shocks, and cv axles. Its just the way gm did it. I have shock extensions right now but have longer bilstein shocks on order, they werent available yet. Imo i would never buy the gm kit, rancho shocks suck and i dont feel cv axles are needed

• Like 1

Gm kits comes with different struts, shocks, and cv axles. Its just the way gm did it. I have shock extensions right now but have longer bilstein shocks on order, they werent available yet. Imo i would never buy the gm kit, rancho shocks suck and i dont feel cv axles are needed

Thank you! I’m pretty new to most of this, so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, ullose272 said:

Here is mine5b40d9f55327e043486bf3192f42e68d.jpg

That looks really good! And that's the MotoFab kit? That's actually more level than i thought it would be with only a .5" difference. Have you measured your fender heights after installing?