Sierra 1500 fender badge removal

Anyone take them off to wrap or anything? I see the clips on the back, am wondering if I can just remove with a trim tool without damaging the fender. I want to put the black chrome ones.

I will be taking mine off to paint this weekend. You have to remove the fender liner to access the clips. Planning on painting the black chrome portion to match the truck, and then I had some custom inserts made to replace the factory 6.2L insert. Similar to the ones below.

2019+ Sierra 1500 Fender Badge Insert

• Like 1

If you don't care about damaging the current badge, you can take it off without removing the fender liner and not damage the fender. You might break some clips on the current fender badge, but it wont matter if you are replacing them.

Got mine pulled and painted. Just letting the paint cure.

Fender Badge.jpg

16 minutes ago, nobaddays said:

If you don't care about damaging the current badge, you can take it off without removing the fender liner and not damage the fender. You might break some clips on the current fender badge, but it wont matter if you are replacing them.

Fender Badge.jpg

Thanks! Yea, no love for the current badges, though damn they do look good painted.... hmmm

48 minutes ago, nobaddays said:

Fender Badge.jpg

Well I was going to leave the fender badge/vent alone and just swap inserts, but after seeing this I'll starting to think I want to pull mine and do the same. nicely done! 

On 8/12/2020 at 8:14 AM, nobaddays said:

I will be taking mine off to paint this weekend. You have to remove the fender liner to access the clips. Planning on painting the black chrome portion to match the truck, and then I had some custom inserts made to replace the factory 6.2L insert. Similar to the ones below.

2019+ Sierra 1500 Fender Badge Insert

where did you have these made!

11 hours ago, nobaddays said:

Fender Badge.jpg

Can you confirm they are taken off by going into the fender and pushing them out from the inside?  Were you able to do it with tires on still ? 

9 hours ago, 204Denali said:

Can you confirm they are taken off by going into the fender and pushing them out from the inside?  Were you able to do it with tires on still ? 

You can get at them under the hood through the inside of the fender. Its tight, but doable. That's how I did mine. There is an opening near the hood hinge that will give you access.

5 hours ago, nobaddays said:

You can get at them under the hood through the inside of the fender. Its tight, but doable. That's how I did mine. There is an opening near the hood hinge that will give you access.

Thanks! that sounds easier then going at them from inside the wheel well

Here is the completed product... Turned out way better than I expected! I will be putting them back on the truck later today.
678345694_fenderbadge4.thumb.jpg.97c23699a9655f1622e36ecf943730c2.jpg

That looks awesome! Did you rattle can paint the badges? If so, which type did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk