Stereo Upgrades

On 9/26/2020 at 5:34 AM, Kyle Royston said:

The stock speakers in the non Bose system are terrible. The best bang for the buck is swapping those out. I added Infinity Reference to the doors and Kenwood Excelon to the dash, nothing fancy the whole set was under $300 on Crutchfield. I’ve also added the kicker sub and amp, it does make everything sound a bit better and add quite a bit at the low end. I don’t know if I’d buy the kicker kit if I installed the speakers before ordering. Start with speakers, then look at the kicker kit if you want to limit modifications to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed.....i just bought  JL audio C1 kits front and back with tweeters for dash.....same as you about $300 from crutchfield, dont have it installed yet but am sure it has to make significant improvement.....

• 4 months later...
On 2/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, Dunn said:

agreed.....i just bought  JL audio C1 kits front and back with tweeters for dash.....same as you about $300 from crutchfield, dont have it installed yet but am sure it has to make significant improvement.....

I know this post was from a while back. How was the improvement with just the upgrade of the speakers? How much of a pain was it to remove the door panels and dash to get to the dash speakers?

On 7/11/2021 at 7:20 AM, Chance811 said:

I know this post was from a while back. How was the improvement with just the upgrade of the speakers? How much of a pain was it to remove the door panels and dash to get to the dash speakers?

wasnt too bad but improvement wasnt that great....noticeable but sounds more like stock than it does aftermarket......needs an amp like most suggest, i didnt replace dash speakers yet but i do have them....it needs more for sure and i am not a big stereo or bass hound.....thought it would do alot more than it did, $300 was a waste without an amp unfortunetly......for me anyway